Home Customization

thelion

Reaction score
I tried to search, I did. Forgive me if it is addressed elsewhere (and please do direct me there!)

While I understand technology, this is my first fancy phone that I am really spending time to customize. I want to use one of those home replacement apps (I think Home ++ was the one I played with) but let me tell you I do not understand how all that works. I download that app and then....what? Where is there information on how to customize everything? Can I use regular backgrounds for them or do they all have special backgrounds for each app?

Help..my Droid wants to be unique :)

bbcrackman

Reaction score
It all depends on what you're trying to achieve. You can change the skins and icons with with OpenHome, you can change the skins on GDE which in itself is a pretty good home alternative then there is Panda, DxTop, Fresh Face and of course Home++. You can download almost anything you need from the market. If you wish to skin or change icons then you will need a home replacement app. If you just want to change wallpaper you can download those from the gallery here at DroidForums.net. Then sync to your Droid. The possibilities are endless....

wmnomore

Reaction score
tried home++ for the first time yesterday and i like it. it prompted me to set home++ after install. then it gave me some tips on how to set it for when you press the home button to return to the home screen.
-also a widget gets placed on one screen that directs you to thier website for further help.
-to get wallpaper, you press menu button(second button from left on phone) and press wallpaper. then it asks you whether you want to use home or home++ wallpaper. there is only 4 to choose from right now. i think the dev will add more-probably when it goes out of beta.

good luck,
chris

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

I feel like such a noob. No one I know has the phone (cuz they are lame) and while I am fairly tech savvy these beast can really through me for a loop sometimes. :)

superglen99

Reaction score
I've had home++ for a week and love it. For backgrounds there is an app in the market called backgrounds and they all work fine with home++ and make great use of the droids big high res screen!