Holding the Search soft key doesn't bring up voice search...?

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I used to be rooted with Sholes ROM, I unrooted a few days ago, and just now when I held the search button for a voice search, nothing came up, any ideas? Could my search be permanently damaged? I used the SMUpdater to unroot so.. Help??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to be rooted with Sholes ROM, I unrooted a few days ago, and just now when I held the search button for a voice search, nothing came up, any ideas? Could my search be permanently damaged? I used the SMUpdater to unroot so.. Help??

Same thing happened to me too. You will have to do a wipe on the phone to bring the voice commands back. Not a hard wipe, just use the one in settings/privacy. That will work.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
****! Are you serious? So I have to lose all of my apps, contacts and all that. I mean I know I can import them and redownload, but seriously? PITA..

Thanks though

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
****! Are you serious? So I have to lose all of my apps, contacts and all that. I mean I know I can import them and redownload, but seriously? PITA..

Thanks though

You won't have to download any of your apps. They will all come back just like nothing happened.

It's only when you do a hard wipe that the apps need to be downloaded again.;) Same for contacts.