Hide folders from Gallery?

Ballard_st

Reaction score
When I open my gallery, I see links to every folder on my phone or sd card with pictures in it. I have folders on my phone with private photos I do bit want popping up unless I navigate to the correct file path in the file explorer. Any advice?

Also, I've read somewhere about automatic backing up of photos taken with the camera on the s4. I have set up Google+ or picasa or any other online sharing. Is this something that may be happening automatically or am I safe?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Create a blank. Txt file and name it .nomedia and place it in the folders you don't want visible in gallery.

Suggested from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Only as safe as your next traffic stop if you're asked to "see" the phone and they clone it. You shouldn't keep ANY "private" photos on your phone. You're only asking for trouble. If you DO insist on keeping such delicate images on the phone, you'd best be served by using an encryption based image hiding tool, so that if someone does get ahold of that phone, they can't view or duplicate the images. Otherwise, your phone could become the "butt" of your future embarassment (pun intended).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out Hide It Pro on the Play Store. It's free and might be what you want.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post