Hide an Apps Widget From Screen But Still Be Able to Use App?

eg146

Reaction score
OK I have an app that I loveon my Droid 2, it's a fake call app that gets me out of situations/meetings I don't want to be in any longer.

Works great for that but I hate having the apps widget on the main screen with all the apps on my phone. I know you can take it off your custom home screen but I'm talking about the screen that automatically shows all the apps on your phone.

I have deleted widgets but that meant deleted the whole app. Is there a way to just hide the widget?

Thanks all.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the app drawer you can DL a home launcher from the market like launcherpro or ADW to hide it there.

OP
eg146

eg146

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have the technical/proper name of that screen. It's the one that appears when you press the white circle with a down arrow head inside.

So what does the app you mention actually do? Does it slow down the phone at all?
Thanks.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep that's the app drawer. You'll need a non-stock home/launcher replacement to hide it there.
All it does is act as an alternative homescreen. There's a bunch of different ones out there but adw & launcherpro are just my 2 favorites. They will run smoother than your stock one typically so it's a win/win.

OP
eg146

eg146

Reaction score
OK so do I have to know how to root the phone to use that or can someone like me figure it out-lol. Thanks so much!

OP
eg146

eg146

Reaction score
That was easier than I thought. OK will grab one right now. Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
LauncherPro has the ability of hiding apps in the apps drawer, not sure if it can be used unless you get the "Plus" version (paid app, unlocks many features).

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ yep that's free. LP Widgets & widget resizing are the paid features.

OP
eg146

eg146

Reaction score
Kewl! You guys know how to do everything!

Let me ask this, do you know of a good calendar that can be backed up besides Gmail?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to run android agenda widget & I think it synched with Gmail. Not sure about export though.

OP
eg146

eg146

Reaction score
I'll keep looking. My phone froze up or something and it wouldn't even work to make calls. Verizon had to reset it and they said I wouldn't lose everything but I did lose a lot of information including calendar entries.

My downfall was getting a domain through Google and only keeping the login link and password in a password safe app which did not back up to Gmail unless you manually did it.

Long story short, I can't get into that account so all the calendar entries are gone b/c I couldn't add the account to the phone without the password.

Totally my fault for not understanding how to backup or protect my data but frustrating nonetheless.

Thanks again!