Hidden service menu... what is the code?

captdroid

Reaction score
I can get into the information menu by using *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and pressing send.

But what is the service menu code? Anyone know what it is yet?

ænyoc

Reaction score
Playing in here I found GSM options...some of them actually work, but GSM only doesn't. Curious to get temporary service with a GSM carrier to see what's what. I now its not supposed to have a GSM radio... but I'm really curious about these options and the fact that a) when I select GSM auto prl, I can still make phone calls, b) when I select GSM only, though I can't make phone calls, I do get 2bars and c) the default is GSM/CDMA auto prl. Since VZW got their mitts on the code... why wouldn't they just either remove the GSM options, or set the default to CDMA auto prl?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Lol, wrong thread?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Oooooooo, this is super interesting. I am going to keep a close eye on this one. I have some theories if it is determined it's possible.

Maybe we could flash a GSM radio that works with LTE like how we can flash the EK06 and EK04 radios and have it work with 4.0.2.

Thank you for such an interesting topic!

ænyoc

Reaction score
Oooooooo, this is super interesting. I am going to keep a close eye on this one. I have some theories if it is determined it's possible.

Maybe we could flash a GSM radio that works with LTE like how we can flash the EK06 and EK04 radios and have it work with 4.0.2.

Thank you for such an interesting topic!

That's a good idea... I really think we would have known if this thing had a GSM radio... but then again, VZW likes to keep secrets. If I hadn't been traveling all day, I'd start digging. Perhaps tomorrow I'll poke around and either see if I can find anything about the radio specs... or a GSM radio firmware to play with.

creaky

Reaction score
fascinating. I would LOVE it if we could get GSM working on the Nexus!

sent from my rooted nexus

TeeX

Reaction score
wow, this is cool. Like the first page to a mystery novel!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, wrong thread?

It was spam.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ænyoc

Reaction score
I can get into the information menu by using *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and pressing send.

But what is the service menu code? Anyone know what it is yet?

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack your thread!

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Sorry... didn't mean to hijack your thread!

no problem... really would like to find out the service menu code for the Galaxy Nexus LTE :)

thebird36

Reaction score
it's not the constant 000000 like most phones is it? i haven't tried it with this but my env3 and such used to be all 0