Hi Fresh meat here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by 2BIT, Apr 16, 2011.

1. 2BIT

2BIT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey want to introduce myself. I just got a Droid Global, and it is my first smart phone. IThere are things about the phone I like, and things I hate. The battery life is not good, and the phone manual sucks. Pretty sad when I have to get on a website to find out how to work my phone. Anyway this will be an experience.

2. Canadroid

Canadroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums 2BIT.

The battery life is likely something you may see improve over time on the D2G as you set it up further; there are some good extended life options if you don't mind a bit of a lump back there. As far as the phone manual--you're better off reading here on that one IMO. Enjoy!

:pint:

3. LadyVanilla

LadyVanilla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome!

LadyVanilla

4. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    Welcome to the forum! I own a D2G and no doubt in the beginning it didn't compare to my old BB Storm. However I adjusted my battery by adding an app like Juice Defender. Now some will not agree however this has improved my battery by hours. What started out as 8-12 hours, now gets me 18-24 hours depending on usage. I don't use ext battery, I used JD before I rooted and I continue to use JD after rooting. Overclocking and underclocking with DroidOverClock helps with JD as well.
    And I agree the manuals won't teach u how to work ur device, its the forum here who will help u understand what the phone does/doesn't. But we are here to assist u if need be. Good luck

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA