Hi...1st post

gr8whyt

Reaction score
Hi to all.

I've had my Droid r2d2 for several months. I like it...fairly easy even for an old dude like me. Looking forward to finding out lots more about it here. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

-- gr8whyt

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you with us. You have come to the right place to learn about your device and android in general. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Dive on in and enjoy the community

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the Forum!!

Glad you decided to join with us. Don't be afraid to stick around for a while.

OP
gr8whyt

gr8whyt

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I think I'll be hanging around here for a while...I'm starting to have some questions about my r2d2. It's got way too much bloat-ware for my liking. So I'm thinking about rooting it and searching around for info on that as well as the impending(?) upgrade to v2.3. Lots of stuff to ask questions about.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well i have seen some bugs with GB so im still running Froyo. Also if you do root your R2D2 please make a back up of your current ROM just in case you need to restore your phone after a mishap. Plenty of info here onto how to root the D2 and create back up files. I have posted some links below to hopefully give you some info. Also once you do root your device you can freeze the bloatware or delete it if you have a complete back up (.sbf file) of the stock ROM. Just make sure to read up on the rooting process and the process of backing up the stock ROM. Hope this can help

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/search.php?searchid=649634

Droid 2 Forum

Droid 2 Hacks