Hey Yo

chasehammer

Reaction score
Just saying hello

Ive been around reading the forums for a few weeks now and figured I would join. I live in Franklin Tennessee but originally from Fullerton California. Im 24 yrs old, married with 2 children (4yrs and 6mths). I have a computer technician background. My hobbies are video games and race cars (street rods and track).

I have a Droid 2 R2D2 edition. Had it about a month now. Really looking forward to seeing what this can do. I hope to have much fun.

Im sure Ill see you(r posts) around. dancedroid

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! def rooting is the biggest advantage if u haven't done so yet. if u have ?s don't hesitate to ask.

Aloha from Hawaii...

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
yes i rooted about 3-4 days after i got the phone :) although i only recently was able to backup my original rom/system. I tried rom manager at first but that program sucks, and by recently i mean about 20 minutes ago :) i found Bootstrap and it worked perfectly. Now i see that they got over the bootloader and probably unlock everything really soon so cant wait.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
oh yes most ppl use z4 with bootstrap...also titanium backup. u may wanna check out Droid Overclock by JRummy16. Liberty apps as well. anything specific u wanna do

Aloha from Hawaii...

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
um not really anything comes to mind. I would like gingerbread, i like the GUI better than 2.2. Now that i have a working backup/rom manager i think i will try out. I have heard good things about Apex and Liberty. I tried out Droid Overclock but i really didnt see a performance difference off the bat, just had the back of the phone above the battery got really hot (processor location im guessing). Still having random freezing and reboots (which i see is common i guess). Ive tried Fix File permissions, seems to help a little.