Hey I am new and need a stable rom for my rooted droid

Droidfish

Reaction score
I would recommend agood backup app like titanium and going through the list of roms and kernels and even themes for that matter. As much as the devs and testers work around here something that's unstable oneday might be a kick arse rom the next.

With a good backup tool, I sometimes swap out roms several times a day and I also spend a lot of time here and at alldroid finding out which latest update is worth a whirl.

So rather than recommending a good rom I would just recommend getting comfortable with sprecoveryand a good backup app and finding what's right for you.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you're interested in 2.1 features, I recommend Pete's Bugless Beast .5, available here... AllDroid - View topic - [ROM 2.1] Bugless Beast V0.5 (2/25/10) STABLE

I actually rooted [Using DroidMod, which Pete sent me a link to download] just to be a part of the beta test, and THAT was stable as hell. He uses Launcher+, which makes it a breeze to have up to 7 homescreens. Live wallpapers, gallery, browser, music player. Pete uses only the STABLE thing available from 2.1 and it's snappy and zippy. So fast to switch between screens and everything.

He's also made a custom theme which you install via update.zip. It's AdamZ's smoked glass, but tweaked for the ROM. I installed BB .5 using the nandroid backup method, but he also offers an update.zip file.

Also available via the link above are several kernals. I'm currently running Chevy's 1.2 @ 800mhz and loving it. I wasn't sure I'd ever root, but now that I'm running this ROM and Kernal, I'm not sure I'll ever look back...

I'll attach a couple screenshots with the custom theme applied. I also used AdamZ's Red add-on to enhance it slightly, but didn't use the framework apk, as that had disastrous results. Haha!