I rooted my Droid X2...now what?

sherm2954

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for being an idiot...hopefully this is posted in the right area...I also searched for a thread similar to what I'm asking, but didin't find one...so, here we go...

Okay...I'm totally new to this...I rooted my Droid X2 and had no problem. I"m not savvy enough to mess with every setting...I really just wanted to be able to unlock the speed this thing is rumored to be capable of...after rooting the droid, in installed titanium backup and then used SD Speed INcrease to adjust the read/write speed of my card from 1024 kb to 3072 kb (the max it will allow...). I used SD Tools to run a speed test, but every time I get "Error Reading"...

So, the only reason (at this point) that I rooted my droid was to increase the speed...it was pretty laggy (trouble scrolling through pages, slow...slow...slow...). As soon as I rooted and adjusted the read/write, it seems to be WAY faster. Am I imagining this? Am I high?

what else should I be doing if my real goal is to have a droid that runs smoking fast?

Thanks for the help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! We are happy to have you with us :)

And for speeding up your phone I would look into freezing the bloat/preloaded apps on it. But make sure before you do you do a bunch of research and have a game plan moving forward. The first thing you should always do is make a full back up before moving forward.

OP
S

sherm2954

Reaction score
Would that be done with titanium? Obviously I will need to buy the full version. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You can freeze with titanium and back up user/downloaded apps. But the type of back up I was referring to was what's called a nandroid back up. This is something you need to do from recovery.

Look that up and when I get home from work I'll help you with any questions. And like k said make sure to keep researching so you know what's going on.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

OP
S

sherm2954

Reaction score
Most excellent. Thanks

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
S

sherm2954

Reaction score
bootstrap

downloaded bootstrap recovery but the instructions don't exactly follow the boot sequence for the x2...the phone does not automatically boot to the recovery menu...any links that would help?

thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+