Help with installing livewallpapers.

starscream88

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a droid x here running official 2.2 that i have just rooted. I have the Livewallpaper.apk's for neural network and nexus, and I am trying to figure out how to install them onto my X. I have root explorer, and i've tried moving it from the sd card to system/app but I cant seem to make anything happen from there. i'm new to this and i can't say i really know what i'm doing, so any help will greatly be appreciated. dancedroid

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a droid x here running official 2.2 that i have just rooted. I have the Livewallpaper.apk's for neural network and nexus, and I am trying to figure out how to install them onto my X. I have root explorer, and i've tried moving it from the sd card to system/app but I cant seem to make anything happen from there. i'm new to this and i can't say i really know what i'm doing, so any help will greatly be appreciated. dancedroid

Do you have astro file manager? If so you can use it to open the livewalpaper.apk from your card after you D/L them and it will get them installed for you.

OP
S

starscream88

Reaction score
i just got it, i found the livewallpaper.apk and clicked install and it just says file not installed. is there something else i have to do?

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
download one of the .apk’s straight from your phone’s browser and click on it to install or move it to your phone from your computer, open using Astro File Manager or another install-capable file manager, and select install

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Astro works great. Especially if you DL straight from link to phone. Just like Ag3ntX mentioned.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk