HELP! Where are my pictures????

moorobertson

Reaction score
I took a ton of pictures today for my daughters first day of school. I used the "best Photo" option in the camera app. I held down and made sure the "thumbs up" was on the photos I wanted to keep. But, now I am in my gallery and I don't see ANY of my pictures. Where are they? Has anyone had this? Can I find my pictures? I will crushed if I can't get these pictures of this big day :(

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
OK I tested out my best shot mode (I am on verizon MF1). The first time i tried, it killed the memory and just crashed after i took the pictures. I reloaded the gallery and I could see a folder with all of them but I could not access it via the PC or a file explorer as they were in a temporary hidden folder. I rebooted and they were gone. I did have a chance to see them and I could probably have sent them via email or text from the gallery. the photos were gone completely, wiped from the temp memory folder (The location of the tempfolder was \storage]sdcard0\dcim\camera\.bestshot\).

I rebooted and tried again, I reshot using best shot and was able to go through the whole selection process successfully (You have to click Done at the top to save them after you select them). The shots I selected were saved to the camera folder on the phone memory.

From what I read the burst and best shot modes use the phone memory exclusively. I think if you did not click done then you may have exited the mode without saving the shots and they were wiped form the temp memory at next shot or reboot.