Transfering pictures

Plastics

Reaction score
Took a picture with the phone. Picture went to Gallery. How do I then trransfer the picture to the SD card? I tried the menu option,long hold on the photo,but can not find an option to save to SD.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Pictures taken with the camera are automatically stored on the SD card. Should be in the \DCIM\Camera directory.

JayMonster

Reaction score
As LifeIsABeach said, you don't need to move it... because it is already there. But should you want to move files around now or in the future you may wish to look at getting Astro or another one of the file managers in the market.

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
Thanks again! I looked everywhere for it except in DCIM. JayMonster,I do have Astro,however I am still learning how to use the program to it's full potential. Gallery still seems to have a lot of duplicate folders,but I just deal with it for now. Thanks again for your help & suggestions. Makes having the phone more enjoyable!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Gallery still seems to have a lot of duplicate folders,but I just deal with it for now.

They are not "duplicates." There are multiple "views" of your images. One "Camera Pictures" filters and displays only what what taken with the camera. Whereas "all pictures" shows you (obviously) every image on the phone.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Thanks again! I looked everywhere for it except in DCIM. JayMonster,I do have Astro,however I am still learning how to use the program to it's full potential. Gallery still seems to have a lot of duplicate folders,but I just deal with it for now. Thanks again for your help & suggestions. Makes having the phone more enjoyable!

With Asto you can go into the dcmi folder, touch the menu button on the phone, you'll see a menu where you can make a new folder. Using the toolbar at the top of Astro you can edit. Such as move by touch the picture and touch edit then the up folder or back to go to the folder of your choice. Open the folder, touch edit again, then touch paste.

hawkeye

Reaction score
I guess I'm brain dead and need a book on Dorid for dumbies, but how do you transfer pictures from the droid to your computer. Remeber I'm brain dead.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Several ways I do it. You can connect the droid to the pc and mount sdcard and transfer that way I would think. What I do is send my pic to Picasa. Go to the pic, touch share, highlight Picasa and there it is, uploaded to the web where I can either save to pc, leave there, upload to websight, crop,send to friends or leave open public and share with the world. Best of all, it's free. HTH

mjs31

Reaction score
Easiest way by far. Plug the droid into your computer. Go to the droid notification (drop down menu) and select "USB" then select Mount. From there your Droid is just like a flash drive and will show up under "computer" on a pc and will probably have a pop up screen allowing you to open the folder. From there...your taken pictures will be in the DCIM folder I believe. You an also drag music, movies other pictures or what ever to and from the Droid. You can even create your own folders for things like Music, Movies or whatever. When you unplug the Droid it will do a quick scan of the SD card and will allow you to play/view and compatible formats. I actually do this quite often with PDF files I need for work.

TigerGael

Reaction score
Easiest way by far. Plug the droid into your computer. Go to the droid notification (drop down menu) and select "USB" then select Mount. From there your Droid is just like a flash drive and will show up under "computer" on a pc and will probably have a pop up screen allowing you to open the folder. From there...your taken pictures will be in the DCIM folder I believe. You an also drag music, movies other pictures or what ever to and from the Droid. You can even create your own folders for things like Music, Movies or whatever. When you unplug the Droid it will do a quick scan of the SD card and will allow you to play/view and compatible formats. I actually do this quite often with PDF files I need for work.
Thanks so much, it worked perfectly. I am on my way!!