Help want X to look like Sense UI

martin9752

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope I dont get yelled at for this but I have been searching online and cant find a darn thing that makes sense. I am new to the Droid X and am coming from Droid Inc. I love sense UI and wanna replicate it the best I can. Downloaded Launcher Pro but I cant find any skins there. Is that the only app I need to replicate? Anyhelp would be appreciated.

*mod edit-watch the language please*

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
So Launcher Pro does not have themes? It only has icons?

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Yes luancherpro does not have themes, you could add a dock theme but thats all. Launcher pro does have icons but it wont help you make it look like sense UI. With launcher pro you can also use sliding docks, elastic scrolling, high quality scrolling etc.... What I suggest you do is forget about sense UI not worth it really and root your phone. Install RubiX focused or blurry. Focused = Way faster phone and more battery. Blurry same but less with all the moto applications. With that install a theme like blackjuices blue theme. Its sweet and you will forget about HTC hopefully! I had a incredible for a 2 weeks so I do know what you mean.

Last edited:
OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
I really don't want to root my phone. Does that mean I really only have beautiful widgets

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Yes if you dont want to root that is all you can do beautiful widgets and launcher pro. That said you can also download htc wallpapers and apply them if you want pm and i will give u the link for the wallpapers.

Last edited:

toberino

Reaction score
Sorry but I have to reply to this. I too have been trying to find something that will replicate the sense menu bar. There are more people that want this than you may think. I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. Anyway, there is a theme created by the maker of launcherpro that has the sense menubar. Search for sense on droid to find it. I think its version 1.2 and its a special launcherpro apk. Not the one on the market. And then it would be beautiful widgets and a sense icon pack. So, yes you can replicate sense with a new launcher and a couple of other apps. I am holding out for a skin on the menubar only. That is the cool part about sense. IMO that is. I don't want a new launcher and several other apps to achieve the look.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

HelpeRX

Reaction score

I guess then you can but there really isnt much of an option espeically without rooting anyways hope I helped.

OP
M

martin9752

Reaction score
Also does anyone know how to make the social networking widget take up the screen. I only had one poster at a time on my phone so i trashed that. When I click on the social networking icon all the posts show. Is there a way to make that one of my pages?

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Do you have launcherpro or laucherpro plus because laucherpro plus really does have a great widget for social networking like ts amazing 1 separate for twitter, facebook, and combined. Anyways no idea i dont use anything from motorola blur so I dont know. :palm:

_33

Reaction score
Try ADW Launcher. It has themes, widget resizing and TONS of little extras. I use the sticker album theme. It also plays nice with my phone. No redraws or lag. When I was using LP I had serious redraw issues.

Bro KV

Reaction score
I use ADW and the new Fancy Widgets flip clock with weather.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
This will help you get the look of Sense minus the dark notification bar.

Droid X Incredible

If you opt to purchase Launcherpro+ you will have the social and calendar widgets as well.

kxs783kms

Reaction score
Lol.....i just got done applying this to my phone. It took me between 2-3 days to find everything i needed, but i found them. the only thing that is off is my notification bar icons. Everything else is pretty much spot on. But after you get undeneath the skin, then you lose the Sense. I'll try to post pics.