The Sense UI Appreciation/Tips/Tricks Thread

gatorbait

Reaction score
I went through different phases with my desire for Sense UI. After getting the Droid and not knowing much about Sense UI, I wanted it because it "looked cool." I downloaded all widget that copied Sense. Eventually, I shifted strongly into the "stock Android or bust" camp and thought, "I want the Android experience as Google intended it!"

After finally seeing Sense UI up close and personal, I'm coming to the realization that Google is a bunch of engineers and aesthetics isn't necessarily their strong suit (the cool upgrades to stock gallery were done by a 3rd-party company). One of my continuing negatives concerning Android was that its aesthetics still lagged so far behind the iPhone OS, but I would just tell myself that Google laid a great OS framework up through 2.X and they could get the aesthetics overhauled with 3.X. After first-hand experience, I can now see how Sense UI smooths out a lot of the rough edges in stock Android and fills in some of its gaps.

How has everyone else been feeling about Sense UI so far if you came from stock Android?

And here is my little tip:

If you haven't tried out the copy/paste, go into your browser and do it. Its interface is far superior to stock Android and you'll see some pretty cool little bonus options too (hint: click on the magnifying glass button after you select your text!).

Any other tips/tricks and comments are appreciated.

HAKmaster

Reaction score
Hi, are you saying it's possible to get Sense on my Droid? I've been wanting it for a while now. If this is possible, can you please post the steps? Thanks.

GodDriven

Reaction score
Hi, are you saying it's possible to get Sense on my Droid? I've been wanting it for a while now. If this is possible, can you please post the steps? Thanks.

Yes.. It is possible to get Sense on your Droid.. I know the ENTIRE Dev team:

[Release] Zeusdroid Desire Alpha Release [ROM]

Check it out..

Tips: Press the the Home key.. The seven screens appear.. Also you could pinch and zoom on any screen to do this as well.. Also, if you want to ignore a call, slide the slider up instead of down.. this will ignore the call.. Also, go into menu..settings..sound/display.. And choose the Quiet Ringer option.. This quiets the phone as you lift it to answer.. Also, sense allows 4 icons up and sideways. k, there I hope I have helped..

Last edited:

Dustinmj

Reaction score
Must say that I was on the fence about sense up until yesterday. I've played with it before and found it to be laggy and just too much bling for the hardware, and while I don't have any issues with a nice 'shiny' UI, it's not worth it if it sacrifices performance.

Today, while I still love the look and feel of Vanilla Android, I have to say that sense on the Incredible is nothing short of gorgeous. It's snappy, no lag whatsoever, and all around beautiful.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Yes.. It is possible to get Sense on your Droid.. I know the ENTIRE Dev team:

[Release] Zeusdroid Desire Alpha Release [ROM]

Check it out..

Tips: Press the the Home key.. The seven screens appear.. Also you could pinch and zoom on any screen to do this as well.. Also, if you want to ignore a call, slide the slider up instead of down.. this will ignore the call.. Also, go into menu..settings..sound/display.. And choose the Quiet Ringer option.. This quiets the phone as you lift it to answer.. Also, sense allows 4 icons up and sideways. k, there I hope I have helped..

Haha,

whats up GOD? on here causin trouble and name dropping huh? ;) Nice to see you over on these forums.

A little secret..you don't know the entire dev team. :) Im Erron, hi. lol