Help!!! Ultimate droid 2.1 running slow on INC HELP!!!!

prichard88

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the ROM game, but i installed Ultimate Droid 2.1 just fine.." I Love It"...but theres only one thing, at first the Rom was running real fast ...Just as soon as i started added additonal home screens to the launcher and icons...my transitions switching through the screens are very slow and delayed now...is there something im missing PLEASE HELP????? why are my screens running so slow

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the ROM game, but i installed Ultimate Droid 2.1 just fine.." I Love It"...but theres only one thing, at first the Rom was running real fast ...Just as soon as i started added additonal home screens to the launcher and icons...my transitions switching through the screens are very slow and delayed now...is there something im missing PLEASE HELP????? why are my screens running so slow

You can change this in your launcher setting. Go into cofigure, then screen preferences and change the scrolling speed and overshoot. This will allow you to determine the speed.

OP
P

prichard88

Reaction score
You can change this in your launcher setting. Go into cofigure, then screen preferences and change the scrolling speed and overshoot. This will allow you to determine the speed.

I did that as well ...i set desktop scrolling speed to 1404 and overshooting to 67....but the screen still do not switch as smoothe as they did when i first loaded the rom....i slide my finger across the reaction is still lyk a 1 1/2 second lag...is anyone else having similar issues?????

Last edited:

luigi90210

Reaction score
I did that as well ...i set desktop scrolling speed to 1404 and overshooting to 67....but the screen still do not switch as smoothe as they did when i first loaded the rom....i slide my finger across the reaction is still lyk a 1 1/2 second lag...is anyone else having similar issues?????
try a different kernel and if that doesnt work if you have the setCPU widget on your homescreen delete that, i did this on my phone and it worked

OP
P

prichard88

Reaction score
try a different kernel and if that doesnt work if you have the setCPU widget on your homescreen delete that, i did this on my phone and it worked

Any suggestions as far as what kernels to try I'm currently. Usingkl kernel. 2.6.32.15-cynanogendmod

luigi90210

Reaction score

Any suggestions as far as what kernels to try I'm currently. Usingkl kernel. 2.6.32.15-cynanogendmod
idk what kernels are out there for the droid inc, i have a droid og but if i find some ill send you a link
if your not overclocking than i would try to find a stock kernel

OP
P

prichard88

Reaction score
Okay kool that would be great if u wuld do that....thanks!!!

smtom

Reaction score
Chad

I loaded Chad's AOSP kernel, overclocked it a bit, and ROM runs really really well. I d/l that kernel from the Chad kernel thread on XDA.

OP
P

prichard88

Reaction score
If possible can u send me a link to the Chad kernel that u loaded ..I love ultimate Droid rom but the laggy screen switching is really a bummer

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App