Help on internet access please?!

mawreyrawr

Reaction score
I am a college student, and I use my phone when I have short breaks between classes to check Facebook, Twitter, etc. I just recently switched from my LG Ally to this phone. My ally never had a problem getting internet here. I could get on FB in the car when I was riding home. But my incredible won't connect to the internet unless I am in my dorm room and sign into the school's wireless internet access. Any solutions?

khw1959

Reaction score
Internet
Data connection
Settings for connecting to the Verizon data network are already preconfigured on your device, and your device is ready to connect to the Internet.
Turning the data connection on or off
Turning your data connection off can help optimize your battery life. It can also save money on data charges. However, when your data connection is turned off, you may not always receive automatic updates to your email, social network accounts, and other synchronized information.
Press HOME > MENU and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks.
Select the Mobile network check box to turn on the data connection; clear the check box to turn off the data connection.
Enabling data roaming
Data roaming lets you connect to Verizon Wireless’s partner networks and access data services when you are out of Verizon Wireless’s coverage area.
Press HOME > MENU and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks.
Tap Mobile networks and then select the Data roaming check box

OP
M

mawreyrawr

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! All of that is checked and it still won't work :(
Any other ideas?

hotdog12

Reaction score
This may sound lame, but have you updated your cell tower location by dialing *228, then choosing option 2? Are you also using the newer Android v2.2 software?

Sent from DInc

hotdog12

Reaction score
Dang. That's it for me. I'd swing by a Verizon store and get the tech to get you up and running.

Sent from DInc