Help!no service after doing hard reset

sharondet

Reaction score
My droid was doing crazy things, locking up, not charging, so i did a hard reset. Now i have no service, so I can't activate the phone.

Xemnova

Reaction score
Hmmm... I take it before that you had service to use. Have you checked to be sure the phone wasn't accidentally put into airplane mode? Long shot but its possible. If not then since all your data was erased anyways then maybe reset it again. This probably wouldn't do much but its an option none the less. Also check in the wireless and networks settings that your data is set. It could be off which may be interfering with your phone trying to get a signal. These are all just possibilities to try.

to find the data options go to:
settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks

airplane mode is top of the wireless & networks options if needed.

Hope you find your fix!

OP
sharondet

sharondet

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. U called verizon, they said they had had an Outage immune area. While I was talking to the support person,my bars came back! I was able to activate my phone and so far all is well.

Xemnova

Reaction score
Hey no problem, I know how not getting a reply can be discouraging. Specially since the post had over 10 views but no replies. Sometimes its better to hear possibilities even if they don't do anything, so you know people actually care. Glad to hear it wasn't a major hardware issue in your phone! Otherwise you would've had to have gotten it refurbished or completely replaced, which would suck. I originally thought it was a hardware issue. Better to have sucky service than a defective phone in that case haha.