HELP!!! My wife wants to return her RAZR for an iPhone!!

magnus

Reaction score
Okay.....I've been on the OG droid since launch. My wife's been wanting to try a smart phone and so on Dec the15, I proudly brought home, fraternal twins, the GNex and the White RAZR. Verizon's double data helped (For her that is, I'm unlimited)

I imagined them growing up together and how my wife and I would grow at least two years older with them as they each learnt new apps in the android world and I imagined normal phone calls with her to be a thing of the past, with Gtalk video chat. Finally she could see my sarcasm and not just hear it.

My wife likes Android......She loves the integration with Google. She loves the Navigation and having a Smart Phone

BUT...

She feels the RAZR is too BIG for her hands. (Insert joke here) She feels like she is and I quote "......holding up an iPad to my face"....and she does use her phone more for talking than anything else.

We've gone through all of Verizon's 4G lineup. They're all hockey pucks. Good heavens, the obesity in this country is OUT OF CONTROL!

She wants to try the iPhone.....of all things.......FOR ITS SIZE!!!!! Not for iOS, not for Apple, not for the great camera or for the A5.....Heck, I'm not sure she knows what 'a Siri' is!!!! (j/k....she does)

We'd lose the integration of Google, We lose the double data...... back to (ugh) 3G

One other Android option she liked was the HTC Rhyme.....but I almost feel the iPhone would be a better choice than that if you're going to be stuck for 18 months. More future proof.

GOOGLE!!! Android!!!!! Handset manufacturers!!!! I thought the flexibility of Android meant that there would be a plethora of options!!!! Y U no give my woman a small 4G phone? Y U make me mad, bros?

Is there any way of salvaging this or do I need to give one of my boys up for adoption?

What do I do?

Yours Truly
Confused.

fellers

Reaction score
when it comes to surfing the net and watching videos etc... why would want a small littel screen like the Iphones??? juss sayin. not to mention the icloud is coruption...lol! But she is a woman and us male species know when a woman wants she gets or you don't..hahaha ;) good luck mang

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Is upgrading her an option? No I'm kidding but yea if size is her only concern downgrade to the Ijunk, or some not so similar android 3g for her hand comfort, or go get an ipad and let her hold that to her face for a day or two. lol just don't let her go to the darkside Luke lol sorry been drinking again, but yea just my opinion and it don't normally mean much

Sent from my superior DROID RAZR

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Keep in mind, if she is to go to the iPhone, she will lose double data.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 JK
Though my wife likes Android functionality, she wanted an iPad for her birthday last March. All these months later she is very very happy with her decision, even though there are things she wishes she could do that ios doesn't allow (Flash being her biggest gripe and the native email functionality)
If mamma ain't happy, nobody is happy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Zandar

Reaction score
You can't win this one on the merits of a phone's size; there are simply no 4G phones on Verizon in small, wimpy sizes. Even the crap-sandwich that is the Droid Charge is hefty (so much so that you might as well go with a RAZR, since it's actually good). The RAZR is better in almost every way than the iPhone 4S, but if small size is what you're going for the kid from Cupertino wins the day.

You can't win on facts, so you'll have to go with the sure-shot for wife persuasion: emotion. Tell her about how her RAZR loves her and would be sad to be sent back; it would feel rejected, even. Make a silly voice for your GNex and have him talk about how much he loves his brother. Tell you wife (over a nice, candlelit dinner) about how close and bonded you feel to her having phones with the same basic OS and feature set, and that it makes you feel like you're more connected as a couple. Send her app recommendations and say things like, "When I installed Beautiful Widgets, I was reminded of you; my beautiful wife!" or, "You are the widget to my homescreen."

Or you could just try to get her hooked on widgets, live wallpapers, Google Navigation, sAMOLED screens, 4G, or the like. But that's no fun.

Good luck, and God speed.

zoo16

Reaction score
From my experience of being married sixteen years, my advice would be to let her get what she wants. If she likes it, then so be it.
Quoted for absolute truth. If your wife wants an iPhone, then by all means get it. That old saying, "If momma ain't happy....."

305rev305

Reaction score
Buy her a bluetooth earpiece... If not, look into the Samsung stratosphere which is 4G and it's 4inches... Not too big but it has a keyboard...

I went back to the iphone 4 when it came out but didn't like it. Seeing a phone full of apps with no Widgets, no customization, and no 4g was unbearable

Zandar

Reaction score
Buy her a bluetooth earpiece... If not, look into the Samsung stratosphere which is 4G and it's 4inches... Not too big but it has a keyboard...

I went back to the iphone 4 when it came out but didn't like it. Seeing a phone full of apps with no Widgets, no customization, and no 4g was unbearable
Forgot about bluetooth. That would be even better than the emotional appeal, but it still probably wouldn't hurt to do both.

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Forgot about bluetooth. That would be even better than the emotional appeal, but it still probably wouldn't hurt to do both.

305.....I find out what she thinks of the BT earpiece. But Hmmm........Somehow I had completely overlooked the Samsung Stratosphere. I'll add that to the list of options. The hard keyboard is a plus for her. 4G is good for me. But by now....I do think that she thinks that the iPhone is the only small smartphone out there so I may have my work cut out for me.

But I don't want to shoehorn her into something that she does not like and has to live with....but I'm also trying to make a wise decision here given the double data promo etc

If any of you have spouses/friends on the Verizon iphone with 2G of data.....how does that work for you? Do you feel 2G is enough?

Zandar.......

You can't win on facts, so you'll have to go with the sure-shot for wife persuasion: emotion. Tell her about how her RAZR loves her and would be sad to be sent back; it would feel rejected, even. Make a silly voice for your GNex and have him talk about how much he loves his brother. Tell you wife (over a nice, candlelit dinner) about how close and bonded you feel to her having phones with the same basic OS and feature set, and that it makes you feel like you're more connected as a couple. Send her app recommendations and say things like, "When I installed Beautiful Widgets, I was reminded of you; my beautiful wife!" or, "You are the widget to my homescreen."​

I like how you think.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
2GB of data is enough, especially if she's new to the smartphone world. If she can live without the Google voice navigation then the 4S is certainly her best bet. I have a RAZR. And a 4S. I'm not a fan boy. I'm not a hater. I just like what works. They both are great. She will fall in love with the camera on the 4S though.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The amount of time around wifi can make a huge difference in the amount of data used. I'm around wifi about 90% of the time so though I have unlimited data, I rarely use more than 100mb per month of 3g. That'll probably change a bit with 4g on my Rezound but probably not a whole lot

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

Wopback

Reaction score
Introduce her to the incredible 2. Phone is cheap in price, but awesome in performance. I gave my wife one and she loves it....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums