Help me...please....

dumb2droid

Reaction score
ok so i just got my droid 2 yesterday and thought i would root it..but i totally forgot it voids warranty and so i unrooted it but clockworkmod is not going away...i've tried everything...i've even gone in to file managers and tried to delete the hijack files and logwrapper crap but it says that those files cannot be deleted...please help i don't want to lose warranty over this...reply ASAP if you can shed light on the situation

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so i just got my droid 2 yesterday and thought i would root it..but i totally forgot it voids warranty and so i unrooted it but clockworkmod is not going away...i've tried everything...i've even gone in to file managers and tried to delete the hijack files and logwrapper crap but it says that those files cannot be deleted...please help i don't want to lose warranty over this...reply ASAP if you can shed light on the situation
what method did you use to root?

OP
D

dumb2droid

Reaction score
what method did you use to root?

i used the method called doroot for windows...its a simple one click root process.. from there i installed rom manager which is where it then installed clockworkmod and now i cant remove it from my system...i've been googling for the bast 4hrs

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hang tight, I am looking for the fix now, I have a droid 1 so I am not too familiar with the 2 but I have seen plenty of threads for this, just trying to find the right one for you.

OP
D

dumb2droid

Reaction score
Hang tight, I am looking for the fix now, I have a droid 1 so I am not too familiar with the 2 but I have seen plenty of threads for this, just trying to find the right one for you.

Thank you so much!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok let me find a tutorial for RSDlite for you, in the meantime download those files in the link I posted. Download the files to your comp not the phone, just to be clear on that.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok, is it build 2.3.20? If you don't know you can find this by going to settings, about phone, down near the bottom you should see it

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
All right, well either you are busy or you died at the keyboard, assuming you are still alive :), I have to run to work but I should be able to get back on in an hour or so. If someone else wants to help out great, if not though I will be back to help you out.

OP
D

dumb2droid

Reaction score
i'm going to go to bed but thank you for helping its 3:30 AM and ima get some sleep but i'll check in 2moro and hopefully we could discuss this more then...thank you so much you are truly an amazing person for helping me and not flaming

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm going to go to bed but thank you for helping its 3:30 AM and ima get some sleep but i'll check in 2moro and hopefully we could discuss this more then...thank you so much you are truly an amazing person for helping me and not flaming
No problem, when you are ready to resume just shoot me a private message.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I was just reading and saw the link above to the 2.3 sbf which I thought was not out yet. I went over there and downloaded the sbf (full Version) and flashed it to my phone with RsdLight4.7.n As was reading while the process went on, I saw that I was supposed to use 4.8 or higher. It worked though and phone is fine.

I wanted to flash back from root so I could try to use z4Root. I did use it and made sure all my apps were backed up with Titanium, then I used Droid 2 Bootstrapper to make a backup copy.

I made sure I could use Root Explorer, and write a script in the emulator. Then I used Z4 to un-root, just to see if it works as advertised. (It would not when I had been rooted the nuts and bolt way from ADB).

It says I am un-rooted and I can not use Titanium, or AdFree nor get su in the emulator, or mount rw in Root Explorer.

I guess it works.