Help me please

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
I have a Droid Bionic with a bad ESN... I'm using google voice/grooveIP and Text+ for my phone and text whenever I'm near wifi. That's fine. But since I'm not on a network I can't get any updates and this factory OS is driving me nuts! I understand there are several versions of ICS out that I can load on the phone... I've looked and looked but can't figure out how to do it. The one post that seemed to outline it has been edited and replaced the topic with a farewell message. I'm lost... completely. (I'm really new with android but usually a quick study)

Can somebody please point me to a thread that will walk me through (including links to the files) an upgrade to ICS? I'd prefer to keep my files and apps but if I have to reinstall everything that is fine as well. Thanks so much! ~Elizabeth

Droid 51

Reaction score
http://db.tt/r4Y6qfHh u can use this leak and just look up how to install ice leak on bionic (YouTube ) and it will walk you through each step and if your rooted install voodoo rootkeeper and install the leak then use voodoo again

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Check out the link in my signature ... the HoB is the safest and most painless way to install ICS leaks. In most cases you should be able to keep your apps and data. Be sure you read everything first though.

OP
B

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
I don't see your signature on mobile... and the first persons link is to the blur 905?ish file... it doesn't seem to be the ics leak... the one youtube vid i found on the subject only listed outdated broken mirrors for download and did not work.

Can anyone give me a direct link? Pleeeeeease?

Droid 51

Reaction score
No that is the file I thought the same thing when I saw it now go to YouTube and it will walk you through you don't need anything else downloaded just the file I gave u

eye_dea

Reaction score
Bionic_Gurl said:
I have a Droid Bionic with a bad ESN... I'm using google voice/grooveIP and Text+ for my phone and text whenever I'm near wifi. That's fine. But since I'm not on a network I can't get any updates and this factory OS is driving me nuts! I understand there are several versions of ICS out that I can load on the phone... I've looked and looked but can't figure out how to do it. The one post that seemed to outline it has been edited and replaced the topic with a farewell message. I'm lost... completely. (I'm really new with android but usually a quick study)

Can somebody please point me to a thread that will walk me through (including links to the files) an upgrade to ICS? I'd prefer to keep my files and apps but if I have to reinstall everything that is fine as well. Thanks so much! ~Elizabeth

If you need help, PM me.

OP
B

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
Droid 51... I DL ur file but I got errors. Failed at file blah/blah/guidedtour.apk... update aborted. I will try redownloading again... thank you for your help. ^_^

OP
B

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
I just tried again same problem same place fresh DL.

Droid 51

Reaction score
Search under roms ice 232 and there is the link I was given and it should work for you if not let me know

OP
B

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
Thnx.. I am trying to find the files through hob? On another site too but me thinks iz a bit confusing... tech I can handle... signing up for several confusing forums and sorting through is a pain.

Droid 51

Reaction score
Droidmodd3rx is who I use on YouTube he has a very good guide and links just type in how to install ics leak on bionic

OP
B

Bionic_Gurl

Reaction score
That is who i looked up first... all the links are so confusing i wasn't sure what to grab and all the ones i tried were dead links. Thanks so much for all your help... there is so much talk and clutter on the subject I can't sort through it all.