Help me find a good bluetooth headset

KevKaos

Reaction score
I live in Maryland, and tomorrow a law goes into effect that bans the use of cellphones while driving unless you have a handsfree headset. I used to have a Motorola bluetooth headset, but it did not work well with my Droid. Can anyone help me find a bluetooth headset that actually works with the Droid? I want to be able to press a button to answer a call, and press a button and initiate voice dialing. I don't need to listen to music through the headset. Jawbone design preferred over a wired usit, and noise/wind cancelling would be a plus. I wouldn't say that money is no object, but I would probably be willing to pay a reasonable price for a unit hat actually works well. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Accidental

Reaction score
i have two different headets and love them both...

Jabra Cruiser
Plantronics 750 (i think)

either way they are both awesome headsets... mostly with any accessory... you get wat you paid for

both mine were $80+

ronjr123

Reaction score
PlantrronicsDiscovery Pro. A lot more comfortable than the Jawbone. IMHO

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I have had all the Jawbones and while they are a good headset, I hated the fit. Always hurt my ear. So, I found the BlueAnt series of headsets and I do believe they are the best on the market. I currently have the BlueAnt Q2 and it's the best damn headset I think I have ever used in features and fit. Just my opinion.

OP
K

KevKaos

Reaction score
I have had all the Jawbones and while they are a good headset, I hated the fit. Always hurt my ear. So, I found the BlueAnt series of headsets and I do believe they are the best on the market. I currently have the BlueAnt Q2 and it's the best damn headset I think I have ever used in features and fit. Just my opinion.

Thank you to all of you who responded. So many great choices. I have ordered the BlueAnt Q2. Read tons of reviews, especialy on all the ones suggested here. The Q2 seems to have the features I need plus some, and the reviews were good as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you to all of you who responded. So many great choices. I have ordered the BlueAnt Q2. Read tons of reviews, especialy on all the ones suggested here. The Q2 seems to have the features I need plus some, and the reviews were good as well.

Well, I wish I would have seen your post before you ordered. I have a Blue Ant Q1 and the volume is barely audible. I got myself a cheap plantonics for like 40.00 and it worked much better.

You say you're getting a Q2. Make sure you update your firmware when you get it, maybe it will be better then the Q1. The way to reach your contacts as an FYI is when it says "say a command" respond with contacts. That will get you to your phones contacts.

roadrunr

Reaction score
I have a Jabra Cruiser for the car and it is great both in speaker and FM mode.
$59 @ Costco

Jeepers

Reaction score
I live in Maryland, and tomorrow a law goes into effect that bans the use of cellphones while driving unless you have a handsfree headset. I used to have a Motorola bluetooth headset, but it did not work well with my Droid. Can anyone help me find a bluetooth headset that actually works with the Droid? I want to be able to press a button to answer a call, and press a button and initiate voice dialing. I don't need to listen to music through the headset. Jawbone design preferred over a wired usit, and noise/wind cancelling would be a plus. I wouldn't say that money is no object, but I would probably be willing to pay a reasonable price for a unit hat actually works well. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Not a headset - but works awesome for true hands-free..... BLUEANT S4 - Voice Controlled Car Speakerphone - love it - works with 2 phones as well - stores your main/primary phone list - easy to use........ check it out - on sale at AT&T - but full price at Verizon

OP
K

KevKaos

Reaction score

Well, I wish I would have seen your post before you ordered. I have a Blue Ant Q1 and the volume is barely audible. I got myself a cheap plantonics for like 40.00 and it worked much better.

You say you're getting a Q2. Make sure you update your firmware when you get it, maybe it will be better then the Q1. The way to reach your contacts as an FYI is when it says "say a command" respond with contacts. That will get you to your phones contacts.

Keep in mind that I just got my BlueAnt Q2, but I set it up last night and it was very easy to set up. So far, I have to say, the audio is WAY better than any of my past headsets. No problem with low audio, so maybe they have fixed some of the problems. I went looking to update the hardware, but there didn't seem to be any firmware updates for the Q2. There WERE updates forr the S and T models though. Just thought I would give some feedback because I hate when people ask for help and then come back to say thanks or let others know how the advice worked out. Thanks again to all of you.