Help me decide!! ;)

swallman

Reaction score
Ok everyone,

I'm ready today to order my Droid (found out that I got a special upgrade available from Verizon), but I'm terrible at making decisions! I'm a long-time BB user (currently using a Curve), but I really love everything I've read and seen about the Droid (and I've studied a LOT).

Just tell me I'm making the right decision...I tried this once before - had an HTC Touch Pro for about a month and ended up taking it back and getting the Curve. The damn thing was just too slow, unresponsive, etc.

imiller913

Reaction score
I would say go to the store and play around with it and see it first hand, it was the best pick up I have made in a while as far as phones go.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say go to the store and play around with it and see it first hand, it was the best pick up I have made in a while as far as phones go.

That's what sold me on it. All it took was seeing how fast the browser was compared to a Storm and I was sold.

ldimick

Reaction score
once you start using the droid you will see how far behind the times that RIM is

Seriously true. The only thing that RIM has that is the least bit worthwhile is the BB Messenger. Very pathetic that it has nothing more to recommend it.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
once you start using the droid you will see how far behind the times that RIM is

Seriously true. The only thing that RIM has that is the least bit worthwhile is the BB Messenger. Very pathetic that it has nothing more to recommend it.

i thought i would miss this but i dont as anyone i talk to on a regular basis already uses google talk.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
RIM is so far behind... play with the Droid... or any Android device... you'll see why so many of us left BB behind :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
but I'm terrible at making decisions!
As long as you can decide whether you want to keep it or not before 30 days are up it doesn't really matter. Take it for a test drive. First hand experience is what should convince you.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't like blackberries. I don't like the OS and i hear battery pulls are a necessity to have the phone run all day.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
"Just do it" and be surprised how well of a purchase you made. (That's what I did.) My wife still has to hide my phone from me in the evenings 'cause I keep playing around on it.

- Mega

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
I've definitely decided to upgrade to the Droid.

I'm a former Alltel customer that was migrated over and received an email from Verizon indicating that I'm eligible for an upgrade (even though I've only been a customer for a year).

I want to take advantage of it (by the end of the year), but how firm are they about allowing accounts to upgrade that have had late fees or late payments ? I am current now but did fall behind to the point where they turned off service (for about 1/2 day). They are getting about $ 140/month from us.

KarenElissa

Reaction score
I've definitely decided to upgrade to the Droid.

I'm a former Alltel customer that was migrated over and received an email from Verizon indicating that I'm eligible for an upgrade (even though I've only been a customer for a year).

I want to take advantage of it (by the end of the year), but how firm are they about allowing accounts to upgrade that have had late fees or late payments ? I am current now but did fall behind to the point where they turned off service (for about 1/2 day). They are getting about $ 140/month from us.

I didn't really have any problems. I feel behind for a bit when I was out of work and had mine shut off for a short period like yours and was able to talk them into letting me upgrade a month early. My being on the super cheap plan was the biggest problem for them, they never mentioned late payments at all.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nah, they don't care about your history.. trust me. and if they can sign you up for a smartphone plan, they really won't care.

get it man, you'll love it. i bet 80% of us here came from a blackberry.. they are so very behind.

wil318466

Reaction score
No real decision here. Just buy it, give yourself a full 25 days, and then if you don't love it, return it.

To be honest, the phone DOES have glitches. Sometimes my ringer turns off (still not sure why, could be one of the 300 apps I have installed), sometimes my screen mode widget stops working. Sometimes my phone reboots. Yesterday my phone just stone cold turned off (first time this ever happened.. but I think I might have turned it off and forgot I did lol). This phone is NOT 100% perfect, and I doubt anyone who owns one will tell you it is.

But I will say one thing.. that I absolutely 100% love this thing. It is quite possibly the best single gadget I've ever bought. It can do so much stuff I'm constantly amazed.

Free music. Free Navigation. Instant Messenger. Video. Audio. Email. Flashlight. Key Ring. Identifies songs in bars/clubs you like. Internet. Weather. Google Goggles. Super Nintendo. Podcasts. Compass. Shoutcast. Shopping Coupons. Map. Resturaunt finder. Clock/Alarm clock. GPS.

The damn thing is just amazing. It has its faults, but it does so much stuff it vastly outweighs its issues. Everyone who I know that I've showed this phone to has said "damn thats a cool phone". The thing is just amazing to me. No need for an iPod. I have all the music I could ever want in my car now. Music, shoutcast, pandora, hell, any song I can think of I feel like listening to I just type in, download and listen to within 30 seconds (unless I want to just stream it then its under 5 seconds).

As you can tell, I really like it. :)

-Wil