Help me decide

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So with the new HTC Thunderbolt and the Moto Bionic coming out soon, hopefully, I trying to decide which phone I should get. I had an phone upgrade available since the beginning of January, and have been waiting for one of these phones.

I was hoping maybe you guys could help me decide between the two, and maybe others who are trying to decide aswell.

Here are my main questions:
I know that the Bionic has a 1Ghz Dual-core processor, while the TBolt only has a 1GHz(?) processor. I'm trying to figure out if that extra core is needed since I only use my phone for web browsing, email/social, and regular phone capabilities. I hardly ever play games or watch movies on my phone, and when I do play the occasionally game, its something like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc, which aren't very resource demanding. Is that extra core going to make a BIG difference to someone like me?

My other question is the bootloader. I've noticed that HTC phones are quickly rooted, and have a lot of roms, themes, and devs working on some great things. Ever since the Droid 1 (which I currently own), Moto has been locking and securing their phone's bootloaders. IE: Droid X, Dinc. For someone like me, who has become almost addicted to rooting my phone and switching roms/themes, which phone is better for me?

Another question that isn't to important, is the skin on Android and the Android version. HTC is obviously going to put Sense on the TB and the Moto will have Blur. I've played around with my sister's Eris and kinda like Sense. Blur seems too crowded for me. Just wondering if that extra RAM the TB comes with makes it better than the Bionic. Doesn't RAM make multi-tasking easier and faster?

Sorry for the huge post, but it seems like an important and necessary argument.

dbst

Reaction score
Yup I'd go with the TB, after having my D2 I'll never buy a device with a locked bootloader again

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App