help me asap please

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
so after 2.2 my phone would freeze after booting up, the only way it doesnt freeze is when i take my sd card out or the sd card is empty, but it will start freezing after i stick all my music back on it, (8gb of music) vzw sent me a new phone but it does it too... i need to find a solution, im not sure which phone to ship back, because I would keep my old phone over the refurbished one if it is just the sd card.

i have done a quick format for the sd card on my laptop, and formatted on phone, i can stick the 100 somthing camera pics back on it, but if i put all 8gb of my music on it it just freezes.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with transfering 10gbs of movies i formated through handbreak, the phone would work fine without the sdcard but once i put the sdcard back in it would freeze after about 30 seconds give or take of booting up.

This was even after checking the sdcard for errors, none were reported but i could tell something was wrong with the sdcard.

I suggest formatting the memory card using clockwork and only transfer the music to your sdcard through the usb cable at only 1gb at at a time the restarting your phone.

Ive noticed this will happen through all hard drives, flash disks and memory cards with large date amounts.

If this doesnt solve it try plugging your sdcard into your computer and transfering your music 1gb at a time restarting your computer after each time.

Hope this helps.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
I still have my stock sdcard.
If your sdcard does become currupt all you have to do is format it with either the computer or clockwork

OP
Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
well i transferred one album over and it worked still, then itransferred about 1 gb and the phone put together the list of songs in the library which took a minute tried to play one and it just went to a black screen, and played the song frozen in the black screen, had to battery pull. and then when i booted up it just freezes, i have to plug the sd card into the comuter with an adapter. ive done a quick reformat on the computer by right clicking, im not rooted, is clockwork better than reformatting with windows?

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Im not sure if the format is better in a sense but clockwork formats to the standards of the phone.

Clockwork is for rooted phones only.

The black screen could be from lagg. Have you tried using a different music player?

OP
Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
cant use another music player now, because i cant turn my phone on unless i remove the sd card, its not the music player that was just when it decided to freeze. im gonna have to go back to the vzw store or find another sd card to test

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would say that since you had 2 phones to test and both times the SD card failed you to look at the SD card. This is where rooting comes into play IMO. Root = use clockwork or SP to reformat the SD card to the standards of the phone.

No root = goto verizon and hopefully they will give you a new sd card and format it for you.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Try this.

Backup your music onto your computer.

Format your sdcard using the computer.

Install your sdcard into your phone empty.

Download different music players to your liking.

Place a little bit of music on your phone and try out
the different music players and see which one you like the most.

Transfer the music back to your phone a lil at a time restarting your
phone after each time.

Play the music using the new music players.

If that fails go get a new sdcard from verizon :)

OP
Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
alright i went to verizon they gave me a new 16gb card, STILL FREEZES i think theyre update is just not ready yet.... can anybody who has a non rooted droid and a 16gb card at least half full tell me if they have issues?

OP
Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
after i fill it up with the music which brings it about half full, it will freeze and the only way i get it on is if i plug in the charger for about 10 minutes and then gallery shows empty and there is only like a 100 songs in song library. so i plug in usb, delete my music folder, voila! images appear in gallery again.

btw, this new card transfers a little faster...

OP
Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza

Reaction score
scratch that, didnt work. ill just put my favorite music on it for now i guess, it looks like verizon ****ed up with their 2.2 update, so now i cant play all of my music on my phone. the only reason they dont care about fixing it anymore is because its discontinued.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that,
If your rooted you can partition your sdcard and see if that works.