Help! Installed Liberty 2.0.1 on a rooted 2.3.340

dlion16

Reaction score
lost in a liberty spinning eagle. pulled battery, same deal. what do i do? about to lose it...

and, holding down home and power button boots to the liberty screen, then to android system recovery.

i don't want to do a system restore. any ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No way to get into clockwork? Maybe you need to sbf? Hope someone more experienced can help. I'm considering flashing liberty (my first rom), but reading stuff like this deters me

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
D

dlion16

Reaction score
i don't know how to get into clockwork. and i don't know how to sbf. i tried liberty because it seemed to be ok.

Likemyx

Reaction score
all i can tell you is im in the same boat and i did a sbf and im still stuck looking here for help

Rasper912

Reaction score
If you tried to go from Gingerbread to froyo(aka, Liberty 2.0), then you're going to have to sbf back to froyo and then go from there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dlion16

Reaction score
no, on stock 2.3.340, rooted with z4root. i installed titanium backup and did a bacup. next i tried to install liberty 2.0.1 and ran into trouble.

Rasper912

Reaction score
Ok, then your next step is a system restore man. And if that doesn't help, sbf is your answer.

Spoken into a can, attached to some string, attached to another can that YOU happen to be holding.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
before all that, the first thing you should do in a bootloop is get in to stock recovery and do a factory reset.

Likemyx

Reaction score
Ok, then your next step is a system restore man. And if that doesn't help, sbf is your answer.

Spoken into a can, attached to some string, attached to another can that YOU happen to be holding.
could you give me any advice im stuck on the spinning eagle and ive done a sbf twice with no change,I was on liberty, what i did was i loaded the gb liberty(it worked great) and i then tried to load the blur alarm clock from the tool box thats when the bootloop hit. i downloaded the sbf file from this forum and it had worked once before now all i get is the moto symbol then the eagle

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you flashed the 2.3.340 sbf in rsd lite and it completed without error then you should try booting in to stock recovery and doing a data wipe. this happens all the time after an sbf flash.

Likemyx

Reaction score
thanks i had tried that twice and no luck but after your post i gave it one more try and it worked thanks spaz33g