[HELP] In need of some desperate help.

WarCrime342

Reaction score
So, I decided to finally root my Droid 2. The appeal of wireless tethering is what prompted me. After the first successful root, superuser was installed and working. I then proceeded to install ROM Manager. That's where things went downhill.

Superuser disappeared completely. "Superuser Permissions" was there, but the app itself just UP AND LEFT. I tried to reroot it using the one-click method that I used to root in the first place. It didn't reinstall. I tried the older two-step method rooting. No luck.

I tried ADB in Command Prompt to possibly uninstall the leftover bits. Nothing. I even went as far as to reset the gosh-darned phone to factory settings, format the SD card, and then root it. NOTHING.

The phone roots just fine, but Superuser... Just. Won't. ****ing. Install.

I'm out of options, patience, and time. Searches and thread prowling haven't given me any successful fixes. Now I come looking for your help.

Note: If I can't get it to work eventually, I'm selling the phone on eBay and buying an iPhone. (Just joking. :))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods: I'm really sorry I didn't look before posting this. I blatantly missed the Tech Issues section where this would have been the proper place to have posted. Please move or delete this. My apologies.

want a droid

Reaction score
Have you tried searching in the market for it. Sometimes it appears there.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
W

WarCrime342

Reaction score
Have you tried searching in the market for it. Sometimes it appears there.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Hahahaha. Yea, I also forgot to mention that whenever I try to install it from the market it says "Installation of Superuser unsuccessful."

That's why I tried the ADB and terminal sessions to fix that. The Official Superuser thread had suggested deleting the left over bits that way.

KingLo

Reaction score
Did you try to uninstall com.noshufou.android.su From the adb shell?