Help, Formatting sd card

jonlutz217

Reaction score
This may not be neccessary, but I really want to format the sd card on my phone. I will pull out the important files and some media I want and have them backed up on my computer. However, I have downloaded so many roms, updates, and stupid applications that I barely know half the crap when going through my files. Even after deleting applications they leave info behind and i feel like my phone has really slowed down from all this junk. My question is basically is this safe on a rooted phone? my thought is if i delete the cm7 file (which is the rom im currently using) then how would my phone possibly be able to keep running cm7? Should i sbf and then do a formatting? any help is much appreciated.

ABQNM

Reaction score
This may not be neccessary, but I really want to format the sd card on my phone. I will pull out the important files and some media I want and have them backed up on my computer. However, I have downloaded so many roms, updates, and stupid applications that I barely know half the crap when going through my files. Even after deleting applications they leave info behind and i feel like my phone has really slowed down from all this junk. My question is basically is this safe on a rooted phone? my thought is if i delete the cm7 file (which is the rom im currently using) then how would my phone possibly be able to keep running cm7? Should i sbf and then do a formatting? any help is much appreciated.

Once you install the ROM, the file on the SD card is not used anymore. It should be safe, but it will delete settings and widget data for some apps. Also make sure to move any apps back to phone storage first if they are on the card. If you want to see what happens when you format without formatting, just power off and boot without the card installed. It will work but without custom settings for anything that uses the card.