Help for internet connection

stanliman

Reaction score
I download the Z4root and root my phone. Everythings seem ok, but when I used the wireless tether, the internet connection is coming in and out. It also disconnect by itself, do anybody know why and how can I fix this problem? So that I can continue down stream.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There has been a problem with VZW that they refuse to acknowledge. However, if you call in telling them you're having trouble tethering, you're looking for trouble.

Unfortunately, the truth is it's a "free" service that you technically shouldn't have, so take it as you get it.

E1337Hax

Reaction score
I download the Z4root and root my phone. Everythings seem ok, but when I used the wireless tether, the internet connection is coming in and out. It also disconnect by itself, do anybody know why and how can I fix this problem? So that I can continue down stream.

Try falshing a new ROM onto your device such as Cyanogen Mod 6. The stock ROM is not compatible with the "hacked" tether. If you would like to find this ROM and a tutorial on how to flash it, please look into the droid ROMs category on the forum.

Good luck :motdroidvert:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@ stanliman, :welcome: With your Droid X there are two ways (I think) to fix it. Look up Team Black Hat.
@E1337Hax: The OP is using a Droid X and Cyanogen has not, nor do they plan to release a rom for it.

good luck and merry xmas!

Last edited: