Help contacts didnt sync right.

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
Ok so i updated and for some reason it only restored 23 out of my 80 some contacts. I made a nandroid backup is there anyway to get them back?

Isak73

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me I flashed to liberty 1.5 and my contacts didn't transfer. I use my backup root and have my contacts saved so I just opened it and let it sync. If you don't have a backup then restore your previous rom backup your contacts with my backup root or titanium and you will be good!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
Ok wait so i have a backup with recovery bootstrapper and my sd cards root on my desktop. Is one of those correct?

Isak73

Reaction score
Whenever you last made a backup to where your contacts were all there I would reset and wipe then install your previous backup from bootstrapper. Once that is up get you one of those programs. My back up root is free I saved my contacts to sd card. Once I flashed I went into opened my backup root clicked manage then opened up my saved contacts. Might take a minute but should get you your contacts back.

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
o ok cause it resync them with gmail and now gmails only got like 23 contacts ugh

Isak73

Reaction score
And yes not sure where you stored your last backup but obtain it through bootstrapper wipe then restore.

Isak73

Reaction score
Yeah I know your pain I had to do what im telling you its a waste of time but needs to be done. Google didn't sync mine either I went from 417 to 24 contacts I almost freaked out!!

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
ok. damn this restore is taking forever does that app backup programs like titanium?

Isak73

Reaction score
Yeah I have all my apps backedup through my backup root but I haven't tried to restore apps just data and contacts. I'm running the liberty 1.5 and it automatically restored my apps. Its nice to have the backup though!

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
Yea but i dont like that it restores my apps id rather do them all myself cause the ones i forget about i dont really need =P

robbiem

Reaction score
L2SYNC Contacts..... lol jk

anyway dont use anything but this method for your contacts..... NOTHING ELSE I SWEAR.

1:Reboot into your stock nandroid backup
2:Run the backup assistant app
3:Make a pin and all that jazz and let it backup your contacts
4:Goto VZW.COM and log in, click on the search box and type in backup assistant
5:Log into backup assistant, all your contacts should be there.
6:Click select all , then click actions, then click export as .csv outlook
7:Import into Gmail..
8:Reboot into your fresh rom backup
9:Sign into google and allow to update.
10:Bask in the glory of never needing to transfer contacts again, because we learned to use google. :p

Growler48

Reaction score
Can my backup isolate just the contacts or do you have to backup everything?

Crispityyy

Reaction score
OKay, I am experiencing a different type of sync "problem" when wiping and coming to a new ROM.

Previously I had all my contacts linked with my Facebook contacts so that the pictures showed up for them in my Contacts. BEFORE flashing 1.5, I backup all my contacts (Contacts/Menu/Export/Export to SD).

When I start up 1.5 after the wipe, I then import all the contacts to my phone. All of the contacts appear (which is good). I then add the Facebook app, and join the contacts together so that the pictures can be used for my contacts, yet now only about 50% of the contact pictures actually show.

....Sorry for the lost post, but has anyone had this problem? :icon_eek:

EDIT: I did factory reset again, and checked all the boxes to let google sync all my info. After this, it auto added my FB contacts, and linked them all perfectly. Pictures and all =)

Isak73

Reaction score
That is a good method rob but mine stopped syncing while switching roms? So had to go other route . .

Growler48

Reaction score
L2SYNC Contacts..... lol jk

anyway dont use anything but this method for your contacts..... NOTHING ELSE I SWEAR.

1:Reboot into your stock nandroid backup
2:Run the backup assistant app
3:Make a pin and all that jazz and let it backup your contacts
4:Goto VZW.COM and log in, click on the search box and type in backup assistant
5:Log into backup assistant, all your contacts should be there.
6:Click select all , then click actions, then click export as .csv outlook
7:Import into Gmail..
8:Reboot into your fresh rom backup
9:Sign into google and allow to update.
10:Bask in the glory of never needing to transfer contacts again, because we learned to use google. :p

I assume this only works if you haven't changed your contacts between ROMs, right? I have a lot more contacts now than I did when I made my stock nandroid, so I'm assuming this won't work. Do I understand this correctly?