Help Battery

gmz1978

Reaction score
My droid has been perfect for 2 months. Then suddenly it is no longer holding its charge. I mean it is gone immediately. Verizon store said phone is ok. Any thoughts. I think I downloaded an app that is killing the charge. I use advanced app killer. I plan to go back to verizon store and demand a new battery. Any thoughts??
Glenn

ebarcus

Reaction score
are you using gps? as soon as i turned off my gps i was able to pandora all day almost, craigslist app and weather app both killed my battery untili disabled GPS

OP
G

gmz1978

Reaction score
I just checked my gps is off. It stsrted to behave this way suddenly 2 days ago. I think I downloaded an app that is causing this. BUT I have gone back and started to delete apps that I recently downloaded and it is not helping. Also my phone is very slow. I use adv task killer many times a day to close apps.

Thanks. Any other ideas.
glenn

OP
G

gmz1978

Reaction score
possible battery issue solution

So I went to the verizon store and they told me no one else is having these issues. While there, another person walked in with the same battery issue. DUH! They gave me a new phone and battery. Here is what they hinted at. This does not mean this is the issue only that this was intimated to me.

Do not leave your phone plugged in too long to charge. It will heat up and this may be causing the issues I have been having with the battery. The guy at the store says he charges 1 to 1 1/2 hr. only just to get to 100%. I had been leaving the phone charging overnight.

I will charge now during the day for a shorter time frame to see if this works. By the way my new phone is so much better. Not sluggish, running well. We shall see.
Glenn

PhontomF

Reaction score
You can leave it plugged in all night and it wont hurt anything. The phone knows when its charged and will stop charging the battery at that point.

OP
G

gmz1978

Reaction score
I understand about the battery knowing when it is fully charge. HOWEVER my phone was very warm when I unplugged the charger. The possibility is this heat is causing damage??????

Glenn

PhontomF

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know, mine isn't that warm when I unplug it in the morning after charging all night.