Help and Advice with Verizon

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have been a Verizon customer literally since the existence of Verizon. (13 years) Even longer if you count I was a customer of one of the several cell companies that merged to form VZW.

For the past 8-9 years I have had 4 phones, and the big bills that go with that. Never, even once, been late on a payment. I upgrade regularly at contract time. My wife has had the same dumb phone for 3 years and a dumb phone before that for 2-3 years. (years of no subsidy cost for VZW) My son and daughter with smart phones, have gone 6-8-10 months past upgrade times, so long periods of no upgrade costs for VZW. My son recently decided he wanted the Nexus so he went to At&T and is paying his own bill. He did not port his line, he got a new number. His line has had an upgrade for 6 months (no subsidy cost for VZW)

So to recap, with the 4 lines, I had 3 upgrades, all except my line, and those upgrades have been available for 6m to 3 years of no subsidy cost for VZW. My wife's phone died, my daughter's phone died, so we used their upgrades, everyone is happy. Now my phone has become almost unusable, with an upgrade time in March 2014. I can't use my son's upgrade unless I sign another 2 year contract on that line, and I am not doing that

With all of the subsidy money I have saved VZW over the years, I think they should be able to break the rules to upgrade me early, especially since I have been a lifetime customer. I have plead my case to my VZW store, and once on the 800 number with no luck.

Any thoughts on getting VZW to listen?

xtor

Reaction score
I have been a Verizon customer literally since the existence of Verizon. (13 years) Even longer if you count I was a customer of one of the several cell companies that merged to form VZW.

For the past 8-9 years I have had 4 phones, and the big bills that go with that. Never, even once, been late on a payment. I upgrade regularly at contract time. My wife has had the same dumb phone for 3 years and a dumb phone before that for 2-3 years. (years of no subsidy cost for VZW) My son and daughter with smart phones, have gone 6-8-10 months past upgrade times, so long periods of no upgrade costs for VZW. My son recently decided he wanted the Nexus so he went to At&T and is paying his own bill. He did not port his line, he got a new number. His line has had an upgrade for 6 months (no subsidy cost for VZW)

So to recap, with the 4 lines, I had 3 upgrades, all except my line, and those upgrades have been available for 6m to 3 years of no subsidy cost for VZW. My wife's phone died, my daughter's phone died, so we used their upgrades, everyone is happy. Now my phone has become almost unusable, with an upgrade time in March 2014. I can't use my son's upgrade unless I sign another 2 year contract on that line, and I am not doing that

With all of the subsidy money I have saved VZW over the years, I think they should be able to break the rules to upgrade me early, especially since I have been a lifetime customer. I have plead my case to my VZW store, and once on the 800 number with no luck.

Any thoughts on getting VZW to listen?

You can add I line to get a new phone, I've done this a couple times, and then switched the phone to my # when I got home and dropped the data from the new line, cost me a extra 9.99 a month.

8th Infantry division

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
You can add I line to get a new phone, I've done this a couple times, and then switched the phone to my # when I got home and dropped the data from the new line, cost me a extra 9.99 a month.

8th Infantry division

Under my unlimited plan that was the case. If I wanted to do that I could have kept my 4th line, that is no longer being used as described above, and done the swapping phones across different numbers. But... $10 a moth x 2 years still costs $240. Not a fan of that.

After having to upgrade the other phones, my unlimited plan went away and each line is now $40 a month, plus the shared data. I am afraid to multiply that by 24.

So you see, I am not looking for a solution that costs me more money. I feel I already have paid VZW too much for too long, and have left VZW with years of not having to subsidize some of my phones. I am looking for a customer service route to a fix this. That is, you would think a company would WANT to take care of a customer like me. I could be wrong

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
I know that this seems late and I hope you have had your issue resolved. I went through something similar to what you went through. The Store would not help. I guess I got the right Customer Service person for when I called the 800 number the person I talked to was willing to backdate my plan making me immediately elligible for an upgrade.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon and ask to be transferred to their loyalty department. They will be empowered to help you back date your account.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I never did update this post. It has been a long eventful road to where I ended up. The short version is I got someone to approve an upgrade, but they had to call me back within a 48 hour window to complete the upgrade. That didn't happen. Promised again in a 48 hour window. That didn't happen. Promised again 48 hour window, That didn't happen. I tried to get the boss of the 3 time ball dropper. Couldn't do that, but I got someone else to approve the upgrade on the spot.

But then Verizon wanted to charge me $250 for an S4, when at that time Best Buy and Amazon had the phone at $100. Finally talked them into price matching for all of the blatant fumbles.

I still don't believe someone who has been a VZW customer since VZW's inception should be treated this way. I have tried several more times to get the boss of the 3 time ball dropper. 3 or 4 more people have dropped that ball. VZW has nearly beat down my will to continue to bag my head against the wall.

Verizon's customer service philosophy:
frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away.
cleardot.gif