Help! Alarm clock disappeared!

roover

Reaction score
My dinc2 has somehow eliminated the option to click on the time in the time and weather widget where before you could add and modify alarms as well as see the world clock. :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

I have restarted, turned off and removed battery and restarted, changed skins, and nothing works! What is going on here??? Help please!

Thanks!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Its a bug in the os. Several people have had this problem. The fix is doing a factory data reset, but lets try one other thing first. Go to settings > about phone > software > check for update. There was a recent OTA update that was supposed to fix the problem. See if you can get the update and maybe it will fix the problem. If not, let me know and I'll walk you through the factory reset if you need help. The OTA wont cause any lose of data.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
R

roover

Reaction score
I checked on the software and it says it's version 2.3.3, when I went to the menu option for software update it won't let me choose the option of check new, only status is available.

This is the information I have about the software
android 2.3.3
htc sense 2.1

Any ideas? I'm out of the country so I don't know if that affects things or not - what a mess!

jaelmy

Reaction score
It was a firmware update. The software number is 5.10.605.9. But I had a problem with getting the update and ended up having to do a factory reset anyways. If you are out of country there is an option to get the update over wifi.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
R

roover

Reaction score
It was a firmware update. The software number is 5.10.605.9. But I had a problem with getting the update and ended up having to do a factory reset anyways. If you are out of country there is an option to get the update over wifi.

Is there any way to look for just that update? My phone seems to think everything is the way it should be and when I go into the software update option on the settings menu it won't let me select check new? Does it sound like a factory reset?

jaelmy

Reaction score
I'd do a factory reset. My Dinc2 wouldn't let me check new either. If there had been instructions to do the update with the SD card then I would have.

OP
R

roover

Reaction score
I'd do a factory reset. My Dinc2 wouldn't let me check new either. If there had been instructions to do the update with the SD card then I would have.

Ok, so what do I need to do pre-reset and how do I do a factory reset? Thanks again!

jaelmy

Reaction score
Settings > SD & Phone Storage > Factory Data Reset.

There are apps that will back everything up.

nikecar

Reaction score

I have that firmware, but my Android is 2.3.4 after the last update. That one fixed my alarm which was gone after the previous update.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.