1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

hello with a question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by qbert48, Jan 4, 2010.

1. qbert48

qbert48 New Member

new droid owner and after ten days mine will not go from horizontal to vertical any clue ? tia
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums! I hate bad news to start! haha
    So it won't leave landscape? What happens if you get a phone call? Does the answer function also remain in landscape? Does the phone go to portrait once you answer a call? It should go to portrait if you go to dial a number, even if you're in landscape.

Could possibly be a defect with the accelerometer if it NEVER leaves landscape.
  3. SuGaR

SuGaR New Member

Welcome!

To fix your problem:

-Press the settings button (2nd from the left of the four buttons at the bottom of the touchscreen)
    -Settings
    -Sound & display settings
    -scroll down and check "Orientation"

Happy reading! Anything you ever need is on this forum :)
  4. qbert48

qbert48 New Member

done this no good sometimes it works sometimes it does not use to change anytime i turned the phone which i love outside of this clitch
  5. qbert48

qbert48 New Member

tried the hard reboot per Motorola tech and still no switch unless i open the slide? :icon_ nono2:
  6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Could be a problem with the accelerometer if you've already tried the screen orientation setting in the menu.

I would see about a replacement. If the problem is replicated in front of VZW tech you should have no problem getting a replacement.
  7. qbert48

qbert48 New Member

ok finally got the time to go to Verizon they told me i would need to wait 30 days whats up with that and the phone is getting worse:cus:
  8. aacanela73

aacanela73 New Member

They are making you wait so they don't have to DOA the phone. Go to a corporate store and they should be able to change it out for you right away.
  9. qbert48

qbert48 New Member

does doa mean what i think it means?