hello with a question

qbert48

Reaction score
new droid owner and after ten days mine will not go from horizontal to vertical any clue ? tia

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I hate bad news to start! haha
So it won't leave landscape? What happens if you get a phone call? Does the answer function also remain in landscape? Does the phone go to portrait once you answer a call? It should go to portrait if you go to dial a number, even if you're in landscape.

Could possibly be a defect with the accelerometer if it NEVER leaves landscape.

SuGaR

Reaction score
Welcome!

To fix your problem:

-Press the settings button (2nd from the left of the four buttons at the bottom of the touchscreen)
-Settings
-Sound & display settings
-scroll down and check "Orientation"

Happy reading! Anything you ever need is on this forum :)

OP
Q

qbert48

Reaction score
Welcome!

To fix your problem:

-Press the settings button (2nd from the left of the four buttons at the bottom of the touchscreen)
-Settings
-Sound & display settings
-scroll down and check "Orientation"

Happy reading! Anything you ever need is on this forum :)
done this no good sometimes it works sometimes it does not use to change anytime i turned the phone which i love outside of this clitch

OP
Q

qbert48

Reaction score
tried the hard reboot per Motorola tech and still no switch unless i open the slide? :icon_ nono2:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
tried the hard reboot per Motorola tech and still no switch unless i open the slide? :icon_ nono2:
Could be a problem with the accelerometer if you've already tried the screen orientation setting in the menu.

I would see about a replacement. If the problem is replicated in front of VZW tech you should have no problem getting a replacement.

OP
Q

qbert48

Reaction score
ok finally got the time to go to Verizon they told me i would need to wait 30 days whats up with that and the phone is getting worse:cus:

aacanela73

Reaction score
ok finally got the time to go to Verizon they told me i would need to wait 30 days whats up with that and the phone is getting worse:cus:
They are making you wait so they don't have to DOA the phone. Go to a corporate store and they should be able to change it out for you right away.