Hello from dimaj

dimaj

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wanted to "Hi"!

I just got my Moto Droid last night and thought that joining this fine community would be good!
I've moved onto Droid from WinMo side and I was wondering if I've followed anyone's footsteps. If so, could you please chime in and tell me about your experience?

Thanks!

dimaj

OP
dimaj

dimaj

Reaction score
Thanks, natediddy1120!

So far I definitely do! Still trying to set it up just the way I want it...
Any tips on must-have apps? or is this really a wrong place to ask this?

dimaj

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh it should be fine...

I would recommend......Astro file manager, Pandora, Movies (Flixter), Google Goggles, PhoneMyPC ($10 but amazing!!), LukLuk, MotoTorch LED, Handcent SMS, PF Voicemail or Youmail, vizBattery........

That should get ya started man lol :)

(BTW all of which are free except phonemypc)

OP
dimaj

dimaj

Reaction score
Thanks!
Your suggestion is much appreciated! Got the all installed :) (except for the remote desktop one)...

Reaction score
Welcom, Dimaj!

I've had WinMo phones, but since Android's release have used nearly all Android phones available in the States. To me, Android has a much simpler, much more "PC desktop" like interface, and has far fewer bugs.

One thing that many Android newcomers don't know is about the inner workings of the Android Market. There are three key things to know:

1) The Market gives you a 24 hour free-trial period the first time you download each paid application. If you decide not to keep it, just go back to the app's page in the market and click he "Uninstall and refund" button, and you will not be charged.

2) Once you buy an application, it is yours forever, whether its on your phone or not. You can uninstall it any time, and then simply re-install it from the market (at no additional charge) whenever you want to.

3) Google ties your ownership of paid applications to your Google Checkout account. This means when you buy a new phone, you will be able to download all the applications you already own, so long as you use the same Google checkout account. What's more, if you and your loved ones use the same account, you can all use the application and pay for them just once.

Enjoy your Droid!

OP
dimaj

dimaj

Reaction score
Thanks for those tips! My eyes just got a spark in them. hehehe ;)
Info you have provided is VERY good to know and, I know, I never would've figured that out!

So, do you have to pay for the software immediately when you install it or you pay for it after 24 hours?

Reaction score
...So, do you have to pay for the software immediately when you install it or you pay for it after 24 hours?

Before you can download, you must have a Google Checkout account setup and configured. When you download, Google will submit a pre-authorization to your card company. Pre-authorizations put money on hold, but automatically expire in a short while if a real charge is not submitted.

If you keep the app, Google submits a real charge in about 24-30 hours.