Hello from a Newbie!

Sbeck

Reaction score
Good morning! I just bought a Droid X last night and I am giddy as a school girl with this thing. Im ditching AT&T next week. I've never had a true smart phone but lived daily with an ipod touch on wifi. I am a software engineer/geek that's loves gadgets. Tell me the do's and the dont's and the must have apps!!! I am all ears.... or eyes in this case! Lol

chadillac707

Reaction score
Do you plan on rooting ?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Welcome to the forums. I would suggest using your phone in its stock form for a while to get used to it. Also, spend as much time as you can reading through the forums to learn what your phone can do. With your background you shouldn't have any problems understanding what's out there. As far as apps go, I would suggest appbrain. It replaces the standard market and let's you look at the days, weeks, and all time hot apps (most downloaded). Install a bunch of apps then delete the ones you don't want. If and when you are ready to root (gain superuser access to the phones operating system, kind of like being an administrator on a locked down business computer network) return to the forums for instructions. Good luck and enjoy!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
2x what was stated in the above post. Just got my DX in late September. Its petty tricked out now. Just take your time and RESEARCH before doing anything. Use prior owner errors to guide you to a great deal of fun with you DX.

rubiX 1.9.0 (non-leak) DX on the v4 Juice via DF app

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Congrats on the X!! Jump in and enjoy, as stated above read & take your time...

Ask questions if ya them, participate when ya can...we have sub-forums here dedicated to the X as well as a sister site at www.droidxforums.com ...either place will help you as you need it with your phone...

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for the replies. I am a little overwhelmed in new features on this thing but that's a good thing! I do have a few questions? I need a good remote desktop app compatible with win xp and win 7. Also, how do I add events to the calendar and give me so advice on a case.