Hello Droid!

jlamb30

Reaction score
Got my Droid yesterday, and the Eris for the wife.

OH MY GOD! What a phone! This thing in unreal. The display is STUNNING! And, this thing is FAST! AND, the Market! WOW! There is some really cool stuff in there - and, gobs that is free.

The only negatives so far are battery life, and the soft keys and volume rocker are waaaay to easy to hit. Not real sure about the slider keyboard, yet, but I'm giving it a shot. I think I can be more accurate with that than the virtual keyboard.

No regrets whatsoever switching from the BlackBerry.

Great forum you folks have here. I have been reading up for a few weeks now, getting ready for the switch.

The best part is, Best Buy price matched Wirefly.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yay yay yay i'm so happy for you :woot: i can't wait to see yur post after you've done the sholesmod/setcpu tho LmAo

mattygabe

Reaction score
Got my Droid yesterday, and the Eris for the wife.

OH MY GOD! What a phone! This thing in unreal. The display is STUNNING! And, this thing is FAST! AND, the Market! WOW! There is some really cool stuff in there - and, gobs that is free.

The only negatives so far are battery life, and the soft keys and volume rocker are waaaay to easy to hit. Not real sure about the slider keyboard, yet, but I'm giving it a shot. I think I can be more accurate with that than the virtual keyboard.

No regrets whatsoever switching from the BlackBerry.

Great forum you folks have here. I have been reading up for a few weeks now, getting ready for the switch.

The best part is, Best Buy price matched Wirefly.
Congratulations on getting Best Buy to price-match the Wirefly price. That seems like the perfect situation of a mix of both worlds. I've heard some horror stories about Wirefly's rebate process from more than a few folks online, and Best Buy isn't exactly known for its rock-bottom pricing. If I may ask, was it $99 or $119?

OP
jlamb30

jlamb30

Reaction score
[/quote]
Congratulations on getting Best Buy to price-match the Wirefly price. That seems like the perfect situation of a mix of both worlds. I've heard some horror stories about Wirefly's rebate process from more than a few folks online, and Best Buy isn't exactly known for its rock-bottom pricing. If I may ask, was it $99 or $119?[/QUOTE]

$119.

I told the sales girl it was gonna be hard to wait a while before rooting it and overclocking it. She actually knew what I was talking about. She told me I wouldn't be able to wait.

And, she was quite surprised to see a hybrid OS 5 on a BlackBerry Curve 8330. LOL

fis

Reaction score
I've heard some horror stories about Wirefly's rebate process
FWIW Wirefly has no rebates on any of their deals. Haven't for years. There is an additional $50 Bing cashback (making the price $49.99) if you start with Bing search, but that money comes automatically from Microsoft.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
You'll get used to finger positioning rather quickly.
I remember those first few days with the phone and always hitting the volume rocker or the soft buttons on the bottom.. now it rarely if ever happens.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Enjoy the phone. Don't know if you read it yet, but 2.1 is coming soon so we're all looking forward to it! Don't be afraid to click things and then if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, after searching first.

radioz

Reaction score
Congratulations, it is a great phone!

Your battery life will get better after a few days use.

Have fun!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the machine, jlamb30! You're in for quite a ride... enjoy!