Heeeeeeeellllpp!!!!!!! Ota 2.3.4 wont root!!!!!

Veraster

Reaction score
Well... I screwed up. Is there any way to root 2.3.4? I kept being bothered by the damn notifications so i installed- fatal move. Now I can't do squat. The droid 3 easy root script didn't work -__- can anyone please please help? I need my phone rooted im going to have to buy a new one if I cant fix this.

OP
V

Veraster

Reaction score
Everything runs normally. There aren't any error or anything. After it's finished my phone just isn't rooted.

Like everything runs just the same as it did before I ran the exploit

relax

Reaction score
If I were you I'd try factory resetting, or SBF'ing to 2.3.4 again. Make sure USB debugging is on. Also, try checking unknown sources. Try redownloading the root and put it in a separate folder. Run as administrator. Re install the motorola drivers as well. If that doesn't work...well I don't know.

redfish10

Reaction score
If you updated to 2.3.4 all you have to do is run petes one click root then you will be rooted. Works great. Make sure you have the Motorola drivers installed on you PC.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
V

Veraster

Reaction score
I've tried that at least 5 times already. I've tried everything except factory reset and sbf-ing (I can't sbf because you have to be rooted, right?). Will a factory reset revert it back to android 2.2 or will i still be screwed with 2.3.4?

Edit: nvm. I know what sbf means now. If I have to go through the trouble of reactivating the darned thing i might as well trade it for the Droid Bionic

redfish10

Reaction score
I've tried that at least 5 times already. I've tried everything except factory reset and sbf-ing (I can't sbf because you have to be rooted, right?). Will a factory reset revert it back to android 2.2 or will i still be screwed with 2.3.4?

Edit: nvm. I know what sbf means now. If I have to go through the trouble of reactivating the darned thing i might as well trade it for the Droid Bionic

You don't have to be rooted to sbf. And no a factory reset does not erase the firmware ie 2.3.4 you can sbf back to froyo or GB. Then you can re root and use titanium back up to freeze the updater to eliminate update failed messages.

OP
V

Veraster

Reaction score
Where do I get the sbf for GB? Is it possible to download an sbf for a custom rom?

OP
V

Veraster

Reaction score
Ok I just have one more question. If I run the GB sbf, will I have to reactivate my phone?

03civicdx

Reaction score
Ok I just have one more question. If I run the GB sbf, will I have to reactivate my phone?

What's so bad about reactivating? All you do is dial *228... you make it sound like an un godly process.

redfish10

Reaction score
Yes you will have to re-activate. No big deal.

redfish10

Reaction score
Veraster Just sent you a PM.

jplipper

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a dumb question. My phone is working great with rooted GB and all the mods I've done. I've read through the latest posts re: 2.3.4 (2.3.380), and no one has listed the benefits of updating. I'm wondering if I should just freeze the updater and call it a day. Any thoughts?

Wongway

Reaction score
heh, my over the air Gingerbread 2.3.4 wouldn't root with Pete's tool...

I thought "Oh crap, what could I be doing wrong now with a one-click method"

Turns out, I had the USB setting wrong and just had to turn it to "Charge Only"

Just double check you have the right settings for everything.

OP
V

Veraster

Reaction score
Well i tried double checking and it still wouldn't work. I guess my installation is just screwed up so i'm sbf'ing 2.3.4 and trying again with a clean install.. then im installing eclipse custom rom so i will NEVER get bothered by this crap again.