headphone jack is hijacking my bluetooth

drumtrucker

Reaction score
My droid would use whatever BT headset (stereo or not) for the phone when my headphone jack was also in use (to use car stereo) for audiobook player.

I have new Fascinate and I swear it did the same until I rooted it. Regardless, it will be close to a deal breaker if I cannot find a solution to this.

Even if the headset indicator is ON, the sound still goes to the headphone jack, RIDICULOUS

firepit

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat. Heading back to the X if i can't find a fix.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

firepit

Reaction score
Im am running stock phone, non rooted. And the issue is killing me.

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
Im am running stock phone, non rooted. And the issue is killing me.

Thanks for confirmation of problem exists in stock SF. I unrooted mine and confirmed, but still had lingering fear rooting had done something to cause.

This really sucks. I may end up returning this phone if no one can give me any real hope it will be fixed or fixable.

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
I have a friend with a Vibrant and his apparently does NOT have this problem, so I am wondering if a Bluetooth file from his system might work on my phone.

There are 3 BT files in system dump:
BT OPP
BT services
BT test mode

so is one of these the file that would determine what path audio would take in any given situation? (e.g. headphone jack occupied while BT headset connected, desired paths media>headphone phone>BT)

I REALLY need to fix this before my 30 days are up or phone probably going back.

I got my hopes up when I discovered the 'secret menu', but I don't see any setting in there that seems appropriate