HD Station -- what am I doing wrong?

PhDCow

Reaction score
I got one of the HD stations when I got my phone yesterday. It says that it's compatible with some cases, including the VZ one I bought. For the life of me, I can't get the Razr to fit into the USB and HDMI plugs, so nothing happens. Help!?

reload1972

Reaction score
It only works with the blue case I had that problem!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

fflan513

Reaction score
I got one of the HD stations when I got my phone yesterday. It says that it's compatible with some cases, including the VZ one I bought. For the life of me, I can't get the Razr to fit into the USB and HDMI plugs, so nothing happens. Help!?
I haven't found a nice case that is compatible with the HD Dock yet but I'm sure many will be made if the phone is as popular as I expect it to be.

OP
PhDCow

PhDCow

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. VZ needs to do a better job of explaining the docks. I got the HDMI one, but the case says that it only works with the multimedia station. *sigh* So I'm going back to the store to return it today. I've been going back and forth and I think I'm going to get one of the lapdocks instead. I really does use my Samsung Galaxy Tab much anymore and I think the lap dock would really increase my productivity at work.

jlloydf13

Reaction score
Not sure what case you got, but i tried my Razr in the holster case (kind of vulcanized rubber to look like leather, with the kickstand) and it fit on the HDMI dock (Sales folks said the only diff between MultiMedia St and HDMI dock is that "Station" comes with the HDMI cable...no difference in the dock itslef? Then there's also a "Premium Docking Station" that has 3 USB ports; I might have that wrong and there's only 2, not 3 models?).
If the front of all these are the same, there's a clip on the front of HDMI dock that comes off. It is the plastic piece that would be in contact with back of phone when docked, covers the entire face of dock. You can see that the top of this piece will kind of pry off, makes it feel like its just a chincy build. If you keep pulling that, it will feel like the facing will snap/break, but it won't...i made the Vzn guy do it just to be sure. Just keep pulling and it will come off, giving you a bit more space for case with dock. It fit just fine for me in the store, even had a bit of gap with the case i had my Razr in.

fflan513

Reaction score
Not sure what case you got, but i tried my Razr in the holster case (kind of vulcanized rubber to look like leather, with the kickstand) and it fit on the HDMI dock (Sales folks said the only diff between MultiMedia St and HDMI dock is that "Station" comes with the HDMI cable...no difference in the dock itslef? Then there's also a "Premium Docking Station" that has 3 USB ports; I might have that wrong and there's only 2, not 3 models?).
If the front of all these are the same, there's a clip on the front of HDMI dock that comes off. It is the plastic piece that would be in contact with back of phone when docked, covers the entire face of dock. You can see that the top of this piece will kind of pry off, makes it feel like its just a chincy build. If you keep pulling that, it will feel like the facing will snap/break, but it won't...i made the Vzn guy do it just to be sure. Just keep pulling and it will come off, giving you a bit more space for case with dock. It fit just fine for me in the store, even had a bit of gap with the case i had my Razr in.
I had the Otterbox commuter series case and I did remove the plastic adapter on the front of my standard HDMI dock and it still didn't fit properly (tried several times). I am thinking about purchasing the TPU case I've seen peeps talking about on these forums. Login : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

Gleason81

Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on the overall functionality/usability of the HD dock? Any type of user review on it is rare thus far. Debating whether or not to purchase. As far as my USB mouse and keyboard, is anyone having any compatibility issues? Anyone? Anyone??

jlloydf13

Reaction score
There isn't much to review. Its basically a stand for your phone while its charging or connected to TV. I have the basic Dock with zero USB ports (thought it had one until i just looked at the back) and use it as a desk charger only so far. It charges fine, sits nicely, but not much more. Doesn't have a USB port, not sure what i would use that for...? Haven't hooked it up to TV via HDMI yet, but the dock, again, just props up the phone? Nothing you can't skip...could just as well connect HDMI from phone direct to TV.
Maybe you are looking for reviews on the LapDock with keyboard and monitor? Or the HD Dock (MultiMedia Station i think) that has 3 USB Ports? I think that one enables the remote control and ?????maybe other things???

sblumen

Reaction score
HD dock is not the same as HD Station

Gleason81;[URL="tel:1860966" said:
1860966[/URL]]Does anyone have any feedback on the overall functionality/usability of the HD dock? Any type of user review on it is rare thus far. Debating whether or not to purchase. As far as my USB mouse and keyboard, is anyone having any compatibility issues? Anyone? Anyone??

The HD Dock is just a charging stand that can output to a larger screen using HDMI.
The HD Station is much more. It is a 3 USB, HDMI out docking device that converts your phone into a "laptop" computer. You should search for something from Motorola called WebTop. This is a little discussed feature but it is amazing.

I purchased my Razr and HD Station the other day ($99). I have connected a wireless keyboard and mouse, memory stick and I have now basically replaced my desktop computer with my mobile phone. The only reason I need any kind of Windows/Mac/Linux-based desktop computer is so I can write and compile applications.

I have two complaints with the units: 1) it claims to output full 1080 video. It doesn't. It's highest resolution is 1280x1080. Full HDMI is 1920x1080, so my monitor has to stretch, meaning the screen could be better. 2) The thing uses Firefox. I'm not against firefox, but Chrome would have been a far better selection, since this is a Google device and doing so would have essentially created a mobile phone-based ChromeBook. I have a ChromeBook and love it. This would have been a perfect solution. Hoping we see an upgrade in the near future that replaces or adds Chrome to the HD Station.

Jimmy8881

Reaction score
i have a HD dock connected to my TV through HDMI and can use webtop too, the phone asks what kind of dock i want to use, music, office, mirror, bedside, and webtop, i believe the only difference is the 2 additional usb ports for connecting a keyboard and mouse, etc.

pizzaman

Reaction score
I had the Otterbox commuter series case and I did remove the plastic adapter on the front of my standard HDMI dock and it still didn't fit properly (tried several times). I am thinking about purchasing the TPU case I've seen peeps talking about on these forums. Login : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

I bought one of the TPU cases. The phone w/case installed slides almost all the way into the docking station , but not enough for both plug-in connectors to fully connect. webtop will not come up. Only the view that mirrors the phone screen comes up on the monitor. The TPU case will have to be modded a little. The opening needs to be widened and enlarged slightly so the plugs can fully engage. Yes. I did take off the plastic lip on the docking station. So I'm either going to hack up this ten dollar case, or look for another case. These TPU cases are very nice. They fit the phone perfectly and the material is much better than the typical silicone cases. The name of the company is Diztronic now.

I ordered a vertical holster w/swivel clip also. It hasn't come in yet. I've been carrying my Sammy Code in my pocket for a couple years now. I'm not a heavy phone user. I do a lot of driving in a different vehicle every day, so I'll consider a bluetooth headset. I'll prob just go back to carrying the phone in my pants pocket. My Code phone still looks almost new.