HD Dock Bedside mode after update

swallman

Reaction score
Not sure who else uses their phone in the HD Dock in bedside mode, but one of the changes in the latest update is that the screen isn't as "dark" at night as it used to be. It's really a PITA now since it's too bright for me (I like a really dark room). Wondering if anyone else has noticed this and has any suggestions or fixes ?

I've tried some of the other apps on the market but haven't really found one that works as well as the original dock mode did. Motorola has now really made the dock worthless to me since I end up having to turn the screen around because it's too damn bright!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Thanks I have the same problem and I liked the older version better.

robert70

Reaction score
Do you sleep with your eyes open? When I plug my phone in at night the screen is set to stay on, and I like my room to be really dark as well, but it doesn't keep me awake, so I was just wondering.

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
Do you sleep with your eyes open? When I plug my phone in at night the screen is set to stay on, and I like my room to be really dark as well, but it doesn't keep me awake, so I was just wondering.

The problem is that I can't fall asleep as quickly with a bright screen shining in the room. Once I'm asleep it's fine. However, if I wake up during the night for some reason, then I find it harder to fall asleep as well.

To each their own I guess...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

No but I sleep during the day so I keep my room very dark. The old display was very dark but the time readout although dim was very readable. The new display is also dim but the entire screen is lit, making it hard to read the time! So although my eyes are closed I can still see a glow, plus when I wake to read the time, it's not just read the time and go back to sleep. No it's become fully awake and stare at the glowing rectangle for a bit then try to read the freaking time. Then go back to sleep.

Don't know why I thought I needed to explain this, but they had it perfect and then screwed it up for no good reason that I can see.

There's many choices in the Market and I'll find the perfect alarm clock.
Alarm clock plus works very well, tap the screen once you get a dim screen plus dim time boo! Tap it again screen goes off and time is very readable, tap it once more and time goes dim also, very nice!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Oh for Bob's sake! I had the brightness set way to high in the dock app. Turn it down and I'm shiny!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

chinmyoozik

Reaction score
Dock App Brightness

I am experiencing the exact problem you described, but I haven't been as lucky with the brightness settings. For some reason with this motorola dock app, the brightness sliding bar seems to adjust contrast rather than brightness. Can you tell me how you resolved this?