Having some problems,need help

chap87

Reaction score
I've been trying to get the prerooted gingerbread on my d2g and I've been unsuccessful I've downloaded the file on my phone saved it to the sd card and renamed it to update.zip but when I go into stock recovery and try to update it says unsuccessful no such file (or something like that) Im new at this and don't know what's going wrong. Phone is a stock driod 2 global. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kevdliu

Reaction score
you cant flash the prerooted GB zip with stock recovery. you have to use CWM. downloaded the offcial OTA zip and flash that. then download droid 3 root tool on ur pc and root it with that. you can find alot of info on rootzwiki.com

Good luck

OP
C

chap87

Reaction score
Ok I've got the file downloaded but im not sure if I have it in the root of the sdcard. When I open up my files its in there in a folder. I don't think that's right. Any help.

kevdliu

Reaction score
if its in a folder than its probably not in the root of the sdcard. plug your phone into ur pc and click the sdcard drive. put ur zip file there.

OP
C

chap87

Reaction score
Ok I put it in the sdcard file and tried again. When I try to run update.zip it says failed to read footer sdcard/update.zip is a directory and says installation aborted at the bottom.

kevdliu

Reaction score
the sdcard is not a file. you have to put the zip file in the sdcard root which kind of is a directory. Are you rooted and which rom are you on?

OP
C

chap87

Reaction score
Im not rooted,its a stock phone im just trying to update to gingerbread that doesn't require root.

kevdliu

Reaction score
have you checked system updates? motorola should be pushing the update out now.

OP
C

chap87

Reaction score
Yea I haven't gotten it yet

Dfit18

Reaction score
try renaming the GB file to just "update" not "update.zip" i was having the same problem until i changed the name to just update and then it worked.

OP
C

chap87

Reaction score
I just tried that. Says the same thing when I try to run update.zip. I don't know what the problem is.

OP
C

chap87

Reaction score
I finally got it installed. Thanks for all the help.