Having problems with pictures i take with the camera

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hi guys, i wanted to see if anyone has this issue and knows a fix to it? any pictures i take with the camera, they are not sharp at all and when u zoom in are blurry. Even when i focus and take pictures. Anyone else having this issue?

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
are all the settings for the camera set to auto and default, especially the iso? What lighting conditions are they taken in?

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've noticed this as well. Pictures seem to be on par with that of my Thunderbolt :(

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read that the white balance settings are off.. check that... if that doesn't help id swap for another one

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
ya everything is on default or auto and highest res is selected, its weird it feels as if im taking a picture with a 2mp camera rather than the 8mp. I will call htc tomorrow see if its something they are aware of.

Also i think it might be something with the white balance you guys mentioned, because i took a pic during natural day light in the house and it came out much better, (not as good as i would expect since my galaxy s3 took great photos) but way better than the ones i took at the mall.

Last edited:

geoff5093

Reaction score
ya everything is on default or auto and highest res is selected, its weird it feels as if im taking a picture with a 2mp camera rather than the 8mp. I will call htc tomorrow see if its something they are aware of.

Also i think it might be something with the white balance you guys mentioned, because i took a pic during natural day light in the house and it came out much better, (not as good as i would expect since my galaxy s3 took great photos) but way better than the ones i took at the mall.
White balance won't make the images look any sharper or more detailed, if the white balance is off the image will just look too blue or too yellow.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

why not just walk back into Verizon and swap for another one? I wouldnt wait for a fix on a brand new phone (if there is a fix) if your not happy with anything u have the right to swap it

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I didnt buy mine at verizon, or else i would have. I would need to warrenty it out with HTC or somethign but im going to wait a little and see if they release any sort of bug fixes or not in the next few weeks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Even though it was not bought at Verizon, it is still covered by warranty and they should be able to help.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didnt buy mine at verizon, or else i would have. I would need to warrenty it out with HTC or somethign but im going to wait a little and see if they release any sort of bug fixes or not in the next few weeks

my friend buys phones from people on a regular basis... he's had phones 8months old swapped out for issues that he bought off Craigslist and eBay

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Me too... I have bought phones off Craigslist, eBay, Costco, wirefly, best buy. If it is less than a year old, Verizon will honor the warranty. This came as a complete surprise when I brought my Craigslist phone in to see if they could troubleshoot the problems and they said they would have to get me a replacement. I told the Verizon rep that he couldn't because I got it used off Craigslist. He said it didn't matter as long as the phone was under a year old and they can tell by the esn how old the phone is.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I have done warranty replacements before too, but sometimes depending on who you get, they dont honor it they say if it wasnt bought directly from us we need to transfer you to htc. Sometimes they check in system to see if it was bought from them, however i will give it a shot cant hurt to try :)

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score

Try messing with the ISO and see if that makes a difference. This camera only has one LED and ive noticed a difference from my Droid Incredible (2 LED) in the dark. Regardless, mine takes great pictures day or night and even in pitch black situations. Must be something wrong with the phone itself.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm considering getting the DNA (especially for its quad-core processor and Jelly Bean), but am worried about the camera. Specifically, does the front-facing camera take still pictures too - or is the front-facing one only a webcam/camcorder?

Thank you very much!

Jeff Deutsch

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the DNA (especially for its quad-core processor and Jelly Bean), but am worried about the camera. Specifically, does the front-facing camera take still pictures too - or is the front-facing one only a webcam/camcorder?

Thank you very much!

Jeff Deutsch

It does both