Having problems connecting/staying connected to University WiFi. 802.1x

Flowah

Reaction score
ITCom: Setting Up MWireless on Unsupported Operating Systems

I've configured it that way. My Droid autoscans the network, I fill in the configuration. The only options I have are setting to TTLS and PAP verification, then my user/pass. I have registered my mac address with the university. I have set the WiFi to never go to sleep mode. I do not have any WiFi apps.

I can connect to the WiFi /sometimes/ but it is nowhere near decently reliable. It will drop unexpectedly quite often. Making it reconnect is very much a hassle. Sometimes all I have to do is turn the wifi on and off. Sometimes I have to powercycle. Sometimes none of that works. If I walk to class from my dorm room, I don't expect it to keep connected the whole time, but once I get to class, and I'm not moving, I expect it to rescan, refind, and reconnect automatically.

The signal strength is strong. My laptops have no problem hooking up to it and going anywhere on campus and staying on.

Any other info required, lemme know.

Also, if anyone knows how to stream live sports to the phone, that would be amazing. (NHL fan here :D)

agallo

Reaction score
802.1X Bugs

There are a lot of open:

Code:
24683 	Defect 	New Cannot connect using 802.1x for WiFi
4461 	Defect 	New Eduroam bug android 2.3.4
17845 	Defect 	New Wi-Fi: Hidden 802.1X EAP: phase 2 authentication setting is not saved/stored
17494 	Defect 	New EAP Phase 2 Authentication method is reset when reconfiguring the connection settings
16980 	Defect 	New Problem with Wlan 802.1x
15631 	Defect 	New [WiFi] 802.1x Phase 2 Authentication Doesn't Work After Gingerbread Update
15599 	Defect 	New Not able to connect to corporate Wifi with 802.1x EAP security
11130 	Defect 	New Android 2.2/Moto Droid - Cannot connect to Enterprise WiFi (Security 802.1x EAP (PEAP))
10170 	Defect 	New FroYo 2.2 official OTA Wi-Fi functionality stuck/not working
8687 	Defect 	New [Froyo beta] Missing Phase 2 Configuration for WPA-EAP 8021X
6997 	Defect 	New When using the GUI to create a connection to an "Enterprise (802.1x)" network that utilizes EAP with TTLS and PAP as the secondary authentication mechanism I am unable to connect to the nework at all.

go here Issues - android - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

to comment and 'star' the issues above to raise the visibility of these problems