Has Anyone Gotten Amazon MP3 Store to work?

Zacko

Reaction score
I've looked all over and have seen a few links to apk's for the amazon mp3 store. However, I've not been able to install any of them. I've installed other apks that I've transferred from my computer, so I am generally comfortable with that process. I've suspected that it has something to do with the nature of the app, but if others are running it, it must be me.

Any tips?

blu1080

Reaction score
works great!

I got this working tonight with no problems.:icon_ banana: I just put the apk. on my sd card and used astro to install it. i know that you need to go into settings and allow unknown sources but astro takes you there automatically if its not checked! hope this helps:)

hobby31

Reaction score
Yeah, I installed it also from an old .apk file on the sdcard from my moto droid. Works like it should and had no problem installing with astro.

feeble

Reaction score
I used Amazon MP3 app on my Moto Droid and miss it on the Inc. Can anyone provide a link to download this apk that works with the Inc? The two that I've found don't work.

Tried here: Installing the Amazon MP3 store - Android @ MoDaCo

and here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...uggestions/41873-amazon-mp3-apk-download.html

I'm new at this but I turned off the warning about installing non market place apps and tried installing from Astro. Both of the files appear to be version 1.6 (for the 1.6 version of Android?)

Any suggestions?

rushmore

Reaction score
I used Amazon MP3 app on my Moto Droid and miss it on the Inc. Can anyone provide a link to download this apk that works with the Inc? The two that I've found don't work.

and here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...uggestions/41873-amazon-mp3-apk-download.html

I'm new at this but I turned off the warning about installing non market place apps and tried installing from Astro. Both of the files appear to be version 1.6 (for the 1.6 version of Android?)

Any suggestions?

Only reason it should not work is if you do not have a microsd card installed. The reason HTC did not ship with this app is it does not work with the built-in flash space.

feeble

Reaction score
Only reason it should not work is if you do not have a microsd card installed. The reason HTC did not ship with this app is it does not work with the built-in flash space.

Gotcha. My microSD card is coming this afternoon I will try it when I get home from work. Thanks!

OP
Z

Zacko

Reaction score
Feeble, let me know if you get it to work. I'm not having any luck installing, even with an SD card.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Any suggestions?

Yeach that really irks me about the DI. I can name three apps right off the top of my head that don't work on it out of the box unless you get an SD card. Who the heck mounts something to /emmc?

feeble

Reaction score
16gb microsd card installed and formatted, Amazon MP3 store still will not install

OP
Z

Zacko

Reaction score
I kinda gave up getting it to work. If anyone has had some success, I'd love to hear about it. I never considered rooting a phone until I lost this app. Now I look forward to trying it once it's available.

Sal

Reaction score
I kinda gave up getting it to work. If anyone has had some success, I'd love to hear about it. I never considered rooting a phone until I lost this app. Now I look forward to trying it once it's available.

BUMP! Anyone had any luck yet...Still thinking of trading for. the Incredible and use this app all the time on my Droid.