Hard Key Backlight after ota update

Slighter

Reaction score
Don't remember these staying on all the time
the display is lit.
Any way to turn these off, non-rooted, of course?
If this has been asked and answered, sorry
steer me in the right direction?
thanks and cheers

Andro X

Reaction score
I know the key lights issue sucks. The only way I've been able to stop it is with the app adj brightness which requires root.

Sent from my DROIDX

xan

Reaction score
this issue was in the first GB leak, why didn't they fix it? in fact, why the heck did they feel the need to even change it from froyo...!?!

JBadiner

Reaction score
I agree. I first noticed the way over bright lights in a lit room and thought it was odd...and VERY bright. I will have to see how blinding it is at night. Ugh!

coaver

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. Applied official Verizon update yesterday and now the backlight on my hard keys is blazingly bright. It is so bright that I can't use the phone at night because the light hurts my eyes. It is so bright that the light now leaks from around the keys in the spaces between the keys and the unit. What do I do? How do I get rid of this?

kevinkar

Reaction score
I have an Otter Box rubber cover on my phone that covers up the hard keys and I never see the button lights!

However, taking the cover off shows how bright they are. Come on, that should be a configurable option for crying out loud. If it can be changed by an OS update, it should be configurable via a user GUI.

pjniez

Reaction score
this issue was in the first GB leak, why didn't they fix it? in fact, why the heck did they feel the need to even change it from froyo...!?!

I Agree 1000%!!! I really thought that this would have been fixed in the official OTA release! Now I can't leave my phone on at night in the multimedia dock... :angry:

cece5702

Reaction score
Why not? On the multimedia dock isnt there a way to dim the lighting so its not bright? I have it on mine.

I Agree 1000%!!! I really thought that this would have been fixed in the official OTA release! Now I can't leave my phone on at night in the multimedia dock... :angry:

pjniez

Reaction score
Why not? On the multimedia dock isnt there a way to dim the lighting so its not bright? I have it on mine.

No. Not that I can find anyway... I have the Motorola multimedia dock. What brand is yours?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pjniez

Reaction score
You know...

The craziest thing about this is that the hard button lights don't even work when you use the phone in total darkness when you could really use them the most!

What's up with that???

BTW, this was another thing that was broke in the leaked version that I thought would be fixed in the released OTA version...

Go Mavs!!!

Swat777

Reaction score
Had the same issue with lights being on all the time. Battery was getting drained as well. Turned phone off and restarted and now they r off. Wont turn on in complete darkness but I would rather have it off and save my battery. Don't really need to see them lit up. Hope it stays like this until a fix comes out.

Swat777

Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. Put phone in standby then restarted and hard key lights are on again. Oh well

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Mine comes on real bright but goes off after a few seconds.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Mine were off at first but then after a few lock screens stayed on constantly and were quite bright a reboot and they shut themselves off again after the normal amount of time. Def seems to be a bug of some sort? Screen filter app (doesn't require root) will still adjust brightness of the screen but not the hard buttons.

Swat777

Reaction score
These lights are killing my battery. Watched about 45 min of netflix while plugged in. Battery was already fully charged. When I was done watching a movie my battery status was at 70 percent!! Screen brightness was at the minimum. What da hell?