Handcent

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You do not have to use ringdroid to make ringtones. You can make ringtones on your PC.

To add custom ringtones and notifications you must...

On the root of your SD card, create two folders...

1. 'ringtones' (all lower case)
2. 'notifications' (all lower case)

Files you place in the corresponding folder will be available when you select ringtones/notifications.

koalabear65

Reaction score
Big question, what is the easiest way to make ringtones on the computer? I know these instructions are somewhere here, but while I have your attention -- THANK YOU!!

koalabear65

Reaction score
Can you use SMS popup and handcent together? I like the the display settings on handcent but with SMS popup you can set a different ringer for each contact when they call and when they text? (So 2 ringers per contact for me.)

toddj

Reaction score
Yup. just disable the handcent notification/popup
I've been using them in conjunction for a while now.
handcent > menu > settings > notification settings
uncheck enable popup and notifications.
should be all you need to do :)

izzysmom

Reaction score
Yup. just disable the handcent notification/popup
I've been using them in conjunction for a while now.
handcent > menu > settings > notification settings
uncheck enable popup and notifications.
should be all you need to do :)

Ok this is an interesting concept to me...but I want to make sure I am getting the big picture...(Obviously, I would turn off all notification on the STOCK messaging app) Then I'd d/l hancent - and set as above...and ALSO d/l the SMS POPUP app....and set the preferred ringtones etc to specific contacts for when they text me....
But when I "READ" the texts, I'd be looking at the HANDCENT app...(in other words, you're using the SMS Popup app strictly for the "noise" notification??)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see a reason to use SMS pop-up with Handcent installed.

Handcent allows you to change the LED color, and use a "pop-up" over the lock screen already.

lollipopkid

Reaction score
Hey Martin seems like you know a lot about Moto Droid. Hope you can help. After 2.2 upgrade I can't seem to find my Droid ringtones. You know, the ones that came preloaded. Can you help? Thanks!!dancedroid

funkyb

Reaction score
Just started using handcent. I get msg notifications in both the HTC messaging app as well as handcent. Is there a way to turn stock app off?