Handcent text messaging app on galaxy S3

jamiehughes

Reaction score
i just installed the handcent app on my new samsung galaxy s3 and love it.. i had handcent on both of my previous droids and was missing some of the features it had on the galaxy factory messaging program.. i like how everything is pretty much customizeable..you can change pretty much any color you want, backgroud,font color,incoming/outgoing message color..etc..and every contact can have their own seperate text message ringtones..and you can change how often the phone "reminds" you that you have a message by changing the time intervals with which the phone will come back on and vibrate or sound the message tone every 1,2,3 minutes.etc...and you can change the color or the on screen message indicator so different people can have different color indicators...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
How is the "Predictive Text" function? Only thing I absolutely HATE about my S3 is the worthless "Guessing" at what word I am typing. The stuff I have sent without checking - indecipherable.

OP
jamiehughes

jamiehughes

Reaction score
How is the "Predictive Text" function? Only thing I absolutely HATE about my S3 is the worthless "Guessing" at what word I am typing. The stuff I have sent without checking - indecipherable.

it seems to be a bit more accurate and easier to use than the regular messaging already installed on the phone..but i havent been using it long enough to have that many words saved up in my list..the predictive text worked well on my droid that i just got rid of and it worked well on there.

GoBears

Reaction score
I hate next word prediction and always immediately turn it off after a new flash. I think Handcent plus Jellybean keyboard from market is a great combo on this phone.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Pretty sure predictive text is built into the keyboard, not the messaging app. That's why you can use different keyboards and get different results.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I love Handcent, but had to stop using it. When using it with Swype every time I send a message it takes the last work of the message and starts a new message with it. I then have to go in and remove that word or it saves it as a draft message when I exit. Anyone else using Handcent and Swype see this?

OP
jamiehughes

jamiehughes

Reaction score
I love Handcent, but had to stop using it. When using it with Swype every time I send a message it takes the last work of the message and starts a new message with it. I then have to go in and remove that word or it saves it as a draft message when I exit. Anyone else using Handcent and Swype see this?

i havent tried it with swype..

WestOkid

Reaction score
Pretty sure predictive text is built into the keyboard, not the messaging app. That's why you can use different keyboards and get different results.

That's correct. Predictive text is a keyboard feature not a messaging app feature.

carguy

Reaction score
Does Handcent work with the GS3 'text to call' motion feature?

I installed GOSMS pro on my GS3 but quickly found out it was not compatible with the feature, so I'm using the OEM text app for now with success.

BrendonSF

Reaction score
Really wish they'd sort out the notification light on the S3. I miss being able to choose LED color and blink duration :(

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Looks like it may have been a Swype problem after all. It stopped happening after I downloaded the latest version yesterday. Sorry Handcent, I apologize. lol