Handcent SMS problem

tmal2

Reaction score
I'm on my second droid due to a sound quality problem with the first one.

I had Handcent SMS installed on my first phone and had no problems. When I got my new phone I once again installed Handcent and have a problem. When I want to compose a new message or forward a message and go to select the contact i want to send it to 3 phone numbers come up for the contact(all the same) and I have to select one.

Is anyone else having this problem or found a way to fix it? This does not happen with the Droid's default messaging utility and i do only have 1 phone number for each contact.
I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but the same thing happens

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why that would be happening......but honestly, is it that big of an issue? I mean its not causing the phone to not function properly is it?

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
I'm not sure why that would be happening......but honestly, is it that big of an issue? I mean its not causing the phone to not function properly is it?

It's no big deal but I am wondering why it's happening to this phone and not my first one. It is another step in sending a message but not the end of the world. I just don't like when things don't work like they are supposed to.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i do know how you feel....I'm OCD about certain things too lol

But i really don't know what the difference could be between this phone and your 1st phone honestly....it really doesn't make sense!!

WPThunder25

Reaction score
It might be because of something with the contact. Go to that contact and go into the edit contact screen. Look in there and see if you have that phone number in there 3 times.

eddi3k

Reaction score
i've had this problem after replacing my retarded droid for a normal one. go to google.com/contacts and your contacts will be listed as 3 of each. you will have to edit from there and then it will eventually sync to your droid.

this happened because you or verizon manually uploaded your contacts from your sd card. hope that helps