Handcent SMS issue

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok guys and girls...feel free to point me in a good direction to fix this 1 single issue I have at the moment with Handcent...

Handcent has a ringtone set for its notification...and that is working, the problem is, its also playing an MP3 after the notification ringtone is done! I have been through all the settings on Handcent and so far not found anything to suggest this is a user assigned task...

So, any ideas...anybody else experience this issue?

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Come on now...no one has any idea or fix for this stubborn little problem?

airborne3e9

Reaction score
Ok guys and girls...feel free to point me in a good direction to fix this 1 single issue I have at the moment with Handcent...

Handcent has a ringtone set for its notification...and that is working, the problem is, its also playing an MP3 after the notification ringtone is done! I have been through all the settings on Handcent and so far not found anything to suggest this is a user assigned task...

you dont have something set as a send notification sound...this is under the received notifications settings

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score

you dont have something set as a send notification sound...this is under the received notifications settings
No, only notification setting I had enabled was just a normal "receive message" tone..and it plays.

This has got to be a Handcent issue...now it is no longer playing an MP3...but, it is combining 2 separate notification sounds...1 plays for a second, then the other kicks in and finishes normally...:icon_eek:

Skull One

Reaction score
The original MMS apk is still responding to the events. You have to launch messaging, menu, settings, and uncheck notifications.

Dreken

Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure the standard messaging app isn't still set to give out its ringtones, i had that problem when i first set up handcent, i forgot to stop the notifications from the standard app and was getting double notified as well as double ringtones.

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
The original MMS apk is still responding to the events. You have to launch messaging, menu, settings, and uncheck notifications.

Have you checked to make sure the standard messaging app isn't still set to give out its ringtones, i had that problem when i first set up handcent, i forgot to stop the notifications from the standard app and was getting double notified as well as double ringtones.

Wow...never thought of that...figured Handcent would "override" the default messaging apps sounds..

Never-the-less, I checked that, and believe that is going to do the trick...Thanks fellas!:icon_ banana:

stabenheimer

Reaction score
recently my default messaging has been playing my audio alert as well as showing the taskbar notification. i checked the settings and everything is turned off. its really starting to annoy me.

rooted droid 2.2 bugless beast... doesnt seem so bugless though

LovelySakura247

Reaction score
I own a droid 2 and have used handcent sms for a while. My friend recently got the droid 3 and tried using the same app. Whenever she tries to add a background image, it remains in a small square shape (image file is landscape and high res) and then stretches the image making it look all pixelated. How can she get it to look normal? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated (^_^)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I own a droid 2 and have used handcent sms for a while. My friend recently got the droid 3 and tried using the same app. Whenever she tries to add a background image, it remains in a small square shape (image file is landscape and high res) and then stretches the image making it look all pixelated. How can she get it to look normal? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated (^_^)

I use handcent and have a sports car as my background, not pixelated at all. Is her picture she's trying to use to small so when she trys to apply it, it stretches out to much? Bigger the picture, the better it'll fit. If that's it it, did she try reinstalling the app and trying?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

LovelySakura247

Reaction score
The files were large and at high res. she uninstalled/installed the app and its still not working right <:/